Three

Esme shrieked with laughter as her and the twins sprinted down the hallway after successfully having played a prank on Charlie.

They were all laughing, all having fun and Esme felt at home right there with them.

She wasn't sad with them. They helped her forget about everything and at the same time, they'd rather see her smile than cry.

As they ran, Fred hurried to open the door to their room and Esme slid right through the door, followed by George, and then Fred closed and locked it.

Esme who were still laughing, collapsed on Fred's bed where Oreo was sleeping. She turned her head to look at her cat, and ran a hand over her fur.

Oreo stretched her legs out before rolling over onto her back, going right back to sleep.

"Get that nasty thing off my bed." Fred said, causing Esme to sit up and gasp loudly.

"Oreo is not nasty!" She exclaimed but instead lifted Oreo up which seemed to annoy the cat. "C'mon, Oreo. You can sleep on George's bed instead."

George didn't care. He knew how much Oreo meant to Esme so even if he wasn't the biggest fan of cats, he didn't mind that Esme's cat slept on his bed.

Esme put Oreo down and Oreo immediately laid back down to continue napping.

"Alright, who's next?" Fred asked. "Harry when they pick him up?"

"No." Esme shook her head. "Hasn't he been through enough? He's probably stressed about everything going on and I'm scared that a prank would make him break down and cry like a baby."

"You mean like you do sometimes?" Fred joked with a smirk, and Esme looked up at him, her lips parted in surprise.

"Shut up, you arsehole!" She threw a pillow at him and his laughter filled the room.

George watched the interaction, his jaw slightly tense at the way his brother smiled at Essie.

He knew Fred didn't like her in that way but it still made him feel some type of way — and not a good way.

"George?" Esme asked, earning his attention.

He watched as the girl pulled herself up from the floor and onto his bed to sit there with her legs folded underneath her.

"Have you asked Angie out yet?" She asked, already hoping for one specific answer.

"Not yet." George told her. "I want to do it face to face. I'm meeting with her tonight in Diagon Alley."

Esme raised her eyebrows and swallowed harshly, then nodded without saying anything else.

For one moment, the air in the room was more than loud. Esme stared at the ceiling, George at the floor and Fred flicked his eyes between the two.

"So... are we gonna kill Quidditch this year, or what?" He asked to break the silence, and he earned the attention of both George and Esme.

George chuckled lightly and Esme broke into a wide smile while she sat up straight.

"I'm gonna get us so many points. I can feel it. First we'll beat Slytherin, then Hufflepuff and finally we'll beat the shit out of Ravenclaw!"

"That's the spirit!" Fred exclaimed and walked over to high-five her. "We'll win this years inter-house cup!"

He got onto his own bed and started jumping, while chanting to himself about winning this year.

George rolled eyes at his brother and then there was a knock at the door, followed by Charlie's voice.

"Open the door you three shitheads!" He shouted, but his voice was far from angry.

He hated getting pranked but he could never actually be upset with his brothers and their friend that he had known since she was eleven.

Esme shrieked and slid right off the bed while the twins exchanged a glance and then out of nowhere, they disapparated.

Esme gasped loudly.

She was just sixteen. She wasn't allowed to apparate and they had just left her there with Charlie on the other side of the door.

"I know you're in there!" Charlie shouted. "Just wait until I get my hands on the three of you!"

Esme hid in the first place she thought of.

The wardrobe.

She hid underneath all of the twins shirts that hung there and she silently shut the doors behind her, sitting there with her knees pulled up to her chest.

She so was going to kill them for leaving her behind.

Esme heard the door to the room being opened with the use of magic and only a short second later, the wardrobe doors were opened and there Charlie stood, looking at her with a mix of confusion and amazement.

"What on earth are you doing?" he asked.

"I—" she sighed. "They ditched me. I can't apparate!"

Charlie laughed.

He was covered with flour and it looked rather funny but he didn't seem too upset by it.

"Get out of there, Esme. Permission to strangle my brothers?"

Esme smiled and Charlie reached out a hand to help her up.

"Permission granted."

Then Charlie rushed out of the room to go find his younger brothers, and Esme happily shut the wardrobe doors before she went and laid down on the bed where Oreo slept.

She sighed loudly and petted Oreo while staring up at the ceiling.

"Did you see him today?" She asked. "How can his smile get cuter for every minute I spend with him?"

Oreo obviously couldn't respond or even understand her, but she purred as her owner kept petting her, and Esme imagined that it was the cats way of replying.

"I hope Angie says no." Esme continued to talk to the cat. "I don't want him to be with her. Don't get me wrong. I love Angie, but they don't fit together. Maybe Fred and Angie would be a nice fit, but not George. No... George is special."

Esme never realised the way she highly spoke of George. She didn't realise that the feelings she had were way stronger than friendship.

And George had only just realised it himself. The way he felt for Esme — it was something magical, but he never imagined that she would feel the same way, so moving on was the only solution for him.

While Esme laid on the bed, talking to Oreo about George while petting her, she had no idea that her brother as well as the oldest Weasley brother stood right outside of the door, hearing every word she spoke to the cat.

They weren't trying to eavesdrop. They were talking and couldn't help but hear Esme talk to herself about George.

They heard it all and if Esme knew, she would be more than embarrassed.

-

I am exhausted!

I have school tomorrow and there's a new guy starting in my class.

His name is Arthur by the way.

Goodnight!