Ten

"I'm gonna fucking kill you!"

A few moments after George had left Esme at the bottom of the stairs, she marched up, into the common room and toward the boys dormitories.

The boys all looked at Esme as she barged into the dorm, going at George. She would've jumped him if it hadn't been for Fred jumping in and holding her back.

"I hate you!" Esme yelled at George who was staring at her. "You do not have the right to slut-shame me or any other girl!"

Lee leaned back on his bed, watching the entire thing unfold. George who sat on his bed, Esme who screamed louder and louder, tears streaming down her face, and Fred holding her back, trying to pull her out into the common room.

"A guy can go from girl to girl and sleep with many different people, but the second a girl does it, she's a slut?!" Esme screamed at George and then she let Fred drag her out of the room.

He shut the door, then turned towards her and without saying anything, he pulled her into his embrace, knowing that all she needed right now was a hug from someone who was there for her.

Esme leg herself cry against his chest while he just held her. Her shoulders shook and her sobs filled the hallway.

"C'mere." Fred said quietly, his arm wrapped around her shoulders, leading her down the hallway and into the common room.

They sat down on the sofa, Fred turned towards Esme.

"What happened?" He asked. "George came up all pissed and then you walk in, screaming at him."

Esme shrugged, her arms folded over her chest as she leaned back on the sofa.

"Elliott is my boyfriend." She said. "And he found out and he got all angry. He slut-shamed me."

Fred watched her for a moment, then sighed and brushed his fingers through his hair.

"George is..." for a moment, he considered telling her, but then again... it wasn't his secret to tell. "...he shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologising?" She asked. "You weren't the one who accused me of jumping from guy to guy, throwing them away once I got tired."

Fred leaned his head against the back of the sofa, looking up at the ceiling.

"He wants to keep you safe." He told her. "He was probably just surprised. He's scared that you're gonna get hurt like you did with Cedric and that Durmstrang boy. Elliott had already hurt you once, remember? When he sided with the Slytherins and not you."

Esme closed her eyes. Right now, she wished she was back home. She missed her dad and she missed her brother.

She wanted to steal one of Ethan's hoodies and curl up in his bed while he was reading some book.

She used to do that when she was younger and she was upset. Her brother was always there for her even when he was an annoying bitch. Truth was, that Esme found comfort in her older brother and she looked up to him.

"I hate him." Esme whispered, though she didn't mean it one bit. She was just angry.

"No you don't." Fred spoke. "Why don't you go to bed and in the morning, you and George can talk this through and figure it out, yeah?"

Esme shrugged.

"I'm gonna get some things and then I'll go stay with Elliott for the night."

She got up and walked to her dormitory before Fred could say anything else. She packed a bag with her uniform for the morning, and when she returned to the common room, Fred was still there.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" He asked. "If you get caught having stayed in the Slytherin dungeon, you'll be in trouble."

"So? I'm a prefect. I'm sure I can figure something out." She answered, making her way towards the portrait. "Goodnight Freddie."

"Night Essie."

When Esme got to the dungeons, she rolled her eyes as the password slipped off her tongue.

She stepped inside, her eyes landing on Elliott who was the only person in the common room.

He was leaned back on the sofa, wearing his ripped jeans and an old band t-shirt, a cigarette between his lips.

She walked over and dropped down next to her, which was when he noticed her. A small smile formed on his lips as she turned her head, leaned it against the sofa and looked up at him.

"Can I stay the night with you?" She asked him and when he nodded, she let her head drop against his shoulder.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders while bringing his free hand up to his cigarette, taking it between his fingers, exhaling the smoke.

"Are you okay?" He asked, rubbing his hand up and down her arm.

"Yeah." She whispered. "I just want to stay with you."

"Okay." He said softly. "You brought a bag and everything."

"Yeah." Esme smiled and tilted her head a little so she could look at him. "I need my uniform."

Elliott smiled and leaned down to press a kiss to her forehead, knowing she hated being kissed on the lips when he had been smoking.

"I'm sorry about earlier." He said. "I shouldn't have told him."

Esme sighed.

"Can we not talk about that?" She asked. "Let's just forget it. It doesn't matter. I hate him anyway."

"You hate him? What did he do when you ran after him?"

She didn't say anything. She knew she'd simply cause more trouble if she told Elliott that George had slut-shamed her.

"Can we go to bed soon?" She asked quietly, closing her eyes.

Elliott hummed in response. He had his own bedroom in the Slytherin dungeon. It was something his dad had made sure of. Bribed the school and everything.

Esme didn't know. She hadn't seen his room yet. They had gotten together over the summer and they had only been back for a few weeks. She hadn't been in his room.

"Okay. Let's go." Elliott groaned as he stood up, pulling Esme with him.

He held her hand and led her through the door to the hallway full of dormitories. Then he unlocked and pushed open his door, and as Esme's eyes fell on the room, her eyes widened.

"Where is all the other beds?" She asked. "That's a double bed, Elliott."

Elliott shut the door behind them, locking it and then he exhaled smoke again.

"Dad wrote a letter to Dumbledore." He explained. "Demanded I got my own room. Threw in some money."

Esme frowned.

"Your father bribed Dumbledore?"

"Well, kind of. Dumbledore doesn't take bribe. My dad probably has something on him as well." Elliott shrugged as if it didn't matter.

"El, that's... that's not right." Esme spoke, her eyebrows forming a frown.

Elliott looked at Esme, realising that his girlfriend really didn't like the idea of bribe.

"Oh, no I know." He said, shaking his head. "But dad is dad and there is nothing I can do about that."

Esme looked at him for another moment, and then she got ready for bed, crawling under the covers.

Elliott finished his cigarette and then joined her in bed.

"What class have you got tomorrow morning?" He asked her, lying back with his eyes closed.

Esme yawned, getting comfortable against his chest.

"Transfiguration."