Nineteen

Gryffindor won and Esme ran right into George's arms just like she did every time they won.

She was cheering with laughter and so was George as he spun her around and put her down again.

"We did it!" She exclaimed, holding up a palm and George gave her the high-five she needed.

Then Fred came along, picked Esme right off the pitch while roaring in victory.

"You were fucking brilliant tonight, Night!" He shouted and put her down shortly after. "If you weren't thinking about working with Charlie, you could definitely have a shot at quidditch just like your family."

Esme had never even considered trying out for quidditch after Hogwarts, but now it was definitely something to think about.

Fred wrapped his arms around her and gave her a hug, before leading her back over to the team while the two talked about the game they had just played and won against Slytherin.

Angelina approached Esme and Esme found herself getting nervous, but then the older girl smiled and held out her hand.

"You played good out there today." She said and Esme relaxed, smiling back as she shook her hand.

"You too. You blew my mind away when you stole the Quaffle from Warrington."

Angie smiled and thanked Esme before moving on to hug Fred.

Esme hugged the rest of the team and then she heard Elliott whistle. She had become familiar with the sound and she turned around to see him drop his broom and approach her.

He was smiling and that caused her to smile as well.

"Congrats on the victory." He laughed softly and jogged towards her, picking her up just like George and Fred had done, but he was more gentle in the way he did it.

Esme laughed, loving that it felt so natural with him even if they hadn't talked since their breakup.

"Congrats on losing." She said and he let out a laugh while putting her back down.

"Eh, it was pure luck." He shrugged.

As the two of them talked, something happened at another place on the pitch.

Malfoy had started provoking Harry and the Weasleys and suddenly the air filled with chanting.

Esme turned around and Elliott looked over her head, the two of them seeing what was happening.

Fred was being held back while George and Harry were both all over Malfoy, though it was mostly George.

Esme really hated fights. Especially when they got this violent. She froze up just like she did when it had been George and Elliott.

She hated it.

When madam Hooch crossed the pitch, using magic to separate them, Esme felt relieved.

Then McGonagall walked across the pitch, said something and then George and Harry followed her up towards the castle.

Esme looked at Elliott and then towards Fred who caught her eyes.

"You might want to go see what that was all about." Elliott told her, and she just nodded before approaching Fred.

"What was that?" She asked, her arms folded over her chest while looking up at Fred who started leading her back to the dressing rooms.

"Malfoy was insulting Harry's mother, and our mother." He said, shaking his head with his jaw clenched out of anger. "That rat needs to learn how to shut his mouth."

"What did he say? How did he insult Molly?"

Fred sighed.

"He fatshamed her." He said and held the door open to the dressing room.

They separated and Esme went into the girls side of the dressing room while Fred stayed in the boys side.

"What do you think will happen?" Esme asked as she pulled her uniform off, getting ready to step into the shower.

"No idea." She heard Fred speak on the other side of the wall. The wall wasn't connected to the ceiling, but it had a door at the end and it was tall enough so that the boys and girls couldn't see each other change. "Probably nothing more than detention."

"Alright..." she muttered and stepped into the shower, turning on the hot water.

When she was finished showering, she sat down on the bench, while Angie and Alicia got undressed and ready for a shower.

She could hear the boys talk on the other side of the wall, including the Slytherin team. There were no girls on their team so it was just pure Gryffindors on this side.

Esme stayed on the bench until she was the last one in the dressing room. She waited for George, knowing he'd eventually have to come down here to get changed and take a shower.

He never liked taking his showers at the castle after a match. Esme also knew that Harry wouldn't come down here. He always hated showering in the dressing rooms and would rather be alone.

When Esme was alone in the dressing room, she hummed quietly to herself as she took off her towel and dried her hair, then put on her clean underwear.

She pulled on a pair of mom jeans, followed by a turtleneck, and as she pulled the shirt down over her stomach, she heard the door.

"Ess?!"

Esme hurried over to the door that led to the boys side, and she opened it, seeing George stand there.

He looked at her for a moment, taking in how beautiful she looked. She was taller than he had ever realised. Her face was completely clean from any products and her hair was wet and brushed back.

Her lips were plump and he just knew he had to kiss them.

He took three large steps towards her, buried his hand in her hair and kissed her roughly.

Esme gasped in surprise, bringing her fingers up to wrap around the wrist of the hand that got tangled in her hair, but she kissed him back.

George backed her up against the wall on the girls side of the dressing room, kissing him with all of the love and passion that he had kept on the inside for years.

One hand was flattened out against his chest, the other stayed around his wrist, and as he kissed her, he had one hand tangled in her wet hair while the other found the wall.

It was everything he had ever dreamed about, and it was exactly what she had imagined since she realised how she felt towards him.

His lips were soft but they were rough at the same time. Tongue was used but not too much and not all the time.

His nose dug into her cheek and their teeth clashed from time to time.

It was an eager kiss and it quickly turned sloppy before he broke away from her lips and trailed kisses along her jaw.

Esme closed her eyes, slipping her hand away from his wrist and behind his neck. She let out a sigh at the feeling of his lips against her skin and when he reached her neck, his lips disappeared from her skin and he just rested his forehead against her neck.

He was hiding.

He was upset and he needed her comfort. He had been banned for life from quidditch and he had to go tell Fred that he too was banned, because Umbridge couldn't tell the difference between them.

Esme could sense that he was upset, so she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and let them both sink to the floor where they just sat in silence, Esme holding him in her arms.