Four

"Esme!"

Esme lifted her head at the sound of her brother, and then she slammed her book shut and slid off the bed, hiding underneath it.

"Essie, what are you doing?" George asked from across the room where he was reading a book that Esme had given him.

It was her favourite book and she wanted him to read it.

"You stole my fucking hoodie, didn't you?!" Ethan shouted from the hallway and Esme clamped a hand over her mouth so that her brother wouldn't hear her breathing. "Esme!"

She heard the door creak and her eyes widened.

Esme had indeed stolen Ethan's hoodie while he was downstairs for breakfast and she didn't care what he had to say.

It wasn't Esme's fault that her older brother happened to own some of the softest hoodies to exist.

"Where is she?" Ethan asked George and George sat up straight in the chair, trying to keep on a straight face.

"Where's who?"

"Who do you think? Are you daft or something?" Ethan asked. "My sister, you idiot."

"Esme?"

"I've only got one sister, haven't I?" Ethan's voice showed just how little he cared for bullshit right now.

"If you think about it, I can't know for sure if you've got another sister." George said, trying to tire Ethan out so he'd give up on finding his sister for now. "Esme's never mentioned a sister so she might have one. Who knows."

"Wha— you know what... just tell me where Esme is."

George shrugged but he accidentally glanced at the bed, and a second later, Esme screamed as her brother dragged her out from the bed, by her feet.

He turn her over on her back and Esme shrieked as she lifted her hands to cover her face.

"Don't hit me! I'll give it back, I'll give it back!" Esme shouted and Ethan smirked, knowing he only had to threaten her to scare her.

Ethan straightened up and stepped away so he no longer stood over his younger sister.

Esme sat up and glared at him.

"Well , I can't give it back now. I'm not even wearing a bra underneath!"

"Oh for Godric's sake." Ethan groaned and ran his fingers through his brown locks. "Then go change into something else! Perhaps one of George's hoodies as you two seem to be rather close and cosied up in here."

Esme gasped and George felt himself shrink into the chair. His eyes landed on Esme and he watched her reaction.

He knew exactly what he felt for her but Esme had no clue that she liked him back. She chose not to believe those feelings, because George was only a friend, wasn't he?

So George couldn't lie and say it didn't hurt him to see Esme look so offended. Though Esme didn't mean to look offended. She didn't want things to be awkward with all of these people suggesting that they loved each other.

"That hoodie better be in my room when I'm done pissing." Ethan told his sister and she narrowed her eyes at him as he walked out of the room, his tattooed arm stretched out to shut the door.

"Hey... George?" Esme turned and crawled on the floor before getting on her feet.

"You can have one of mine." He nodded, knowing exactly what she meant to ask.

A smile spread across Esme's face and it warmed George's heart.

"The red one?"

George closed the book and put it aside before he leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees.