Realization

Hawks POV

I sat on my bed at home, looking at the papers that Mrs.Evelyn had gave me.

~Man, how did Mrs.Evelyn figure I was going to visit Y/n today?~
~But was she wrong..?~

Maybe I shouldn't go right now. I would seem desperate or something but I really want to see how she's doing. I mean there shouldn't be a problem, im just checking on her.

My thoughts were interrupted by a call. It was from Mirko.

I picked up, "What is it, Mirko?"

She said, "Man, see if I ever call you again! Did you go visit her yet?"

"Visit who? Y/n? Why does everybody keep saying that?"

Mirko said, "Oh~~ so the love signal was made by more than one? Get up and visit her."

I said, "Mirko, we worked together ONE time and now you're trying to give me relationship advice."

Mirko said, "So it's a relationship?"

I could feel her smirk on the other side of the phone.

I said, "Mirko, did you call me just to-"

She interrupted,"No, I did not call to bother you. I just wanted to see if you were good. I mean, you are the one who went to aid Y/n, right? Must've been hard to see her like that."

I paused and said, "Yeah...but im fine."

I thought about it for a minute and said, "You're right...Ima go see her."

"Ight, when you ask her out make sure you say, 'sweetheart'!"

I said, "sweetheart? Asking out!? Mir-"

She hung up the phone and I shook my head.

~30mins later ~

After finally getting through the crowd of people, I had got to Y/n's door. I slowly turned the knob to see her on her phone. She looked up at me and if I wasn't mistaken, I think I saw her face light up.

I said, "That happy to see me?"

She adjusted herself and said, "Boy, bye."

"Uh, how are you feeling?"

Y/n said, "Uh, I've been better."

I said, "Well...if I hadn't known better...I'd say you've been waiting on me."

"And if I was?" She gave me a side eye.

Y/n POV

Aha...got his ass. Now he blushing.

I said, "Careful, bird. Yo face gettin' red as your wings."

Takami cleared his throat, "Um...Mrs.Evelyn wanted to know-"

I sat up and said, "If I'll continue to work on the case?"

He nodded and I think he was a bit disappointed or maybe worried that I wouldn't continue to work on it. He laid down some papers on the desk next to my bed. I took them and skimmed through them as we talked.

I said, "I hope I'll be able to. I dont want to stop working on the case, y'know I really need that check."

Takami frowned up and I added, "AND I guess I like working with you, bUdDy."

He smiled and said, "How long do you think you'll be here?"

"Uh...I actually don't know. Hopefully I'll be out by tomorrow."

Takami rose an eyebrow, "With you looking like this? Hell no, you're not going tomorrow."

I said, "Yes, the fuck I am. I am not sitting in this raggedy ass bed, not doing shit."