CHAPTER 1

Y/N's POV

I didn't remember what had happened. I opened my eyes to a bedroom, and for a second, I thought my sight turned green, for everything that I saw was dressed in a green hue until my eyes landed on the golden lamps hanging from above. I took a quick scan of the room. I was in a bed of dark green colour with the softest cushions I'd ever slept on, with a blanket of the same colour and a black border.

I removed the blanket from me and sat up. The walls were emerald green with a black texture, and the wall in front of me had a golden drawing of a snake. I gasped at the sight of it. Then raised my head to look up at the ceiling. It was black with a giant golden chandelier hanging in the middle while the small hanging lamps surrounded it.

I flinched as something vibrated beside me. I turned to find my phone on a wooden shelf beside the bed - plugged in. It showed the time was 12:49 AM, and the notification said the battery was 100% charged.

I quickly unplugged it to see other messages. There were a few messages from the social media app — Danielle asking me where in the world I was, and nine missed calls from my mom. Dang! She was going to kill me alive. I decided to call her but couldn't do so when I saw that my phone had no network.

Where the actual fuck am I? And how did I end up here?

I rubbed my temples and tried to recall. I had been to Sandy's party at the club. But I was sad. Why was I sad? I remembered drinking too much. I remembered shouting at my mother and then barging out of the house. That's when I went to the club for the party. Slowly and gradually, I began to remember everything.

Sandy had thrown a party at the city club. Almost all of the school was going to come. I couldn't miss this opportunity of blowing some steam off after the mid-term exams. But my ever-so-kind mother had refused me to go at the last moment. When Danielle had called to inform me she was at Billy's store, I walked downstairs to kiss goodbye to my parents and tell them that I would be home late when my mother shouted so loudly that it scared my poor grandma watching TV.

Unaware of her anger, when I proceeded towards her, she gave me a long lecture on- how to behave like a lady. According to my mom, a well-mannered lady never stays out late, drinking and hanging out with her friends. I was upset and had to scream loudly, trying hard not to cry since that could ruin my mascara.

When I couldn't take it anymore, I walked out while my mother was still shouting my name from behind, ordering me to return at once. Obviously, I had ignored her and had walked up to Billy's to find Danielle waiting for me in her car. I had a lot of drinks when we reached the club. I had lost Danielle as well among the crowd. I remembered bumping into someone with a black suit and blonde hair. Two grey eyes appeared as I kept thinking about the stranger. Those eyes were captivating. They had me looking in them for a while before everything began to fall around.

That was when I must've collapsed.

But that wasn't the answer to my question about ending up here. So I decided to find out by myself. I shivered at the cold black marble tiles as I touched my feet down to the floor. The legs came back with the same speed out of impulse. This time, I slowly lowered my feet, and the cold marble sent shivers down my body as I adjusted my feet on the floor. It was only then I realized that there were a pair of furry green slippers under the bed. I pulled them out instantly. They looked used by someone else before, but to be honest, I didn't care. I needed to protect my feet from the cold.

The fur felt soft against my skin, and a sigh of relief escaped my mouth. Taking small steps, I neared the door when I came across the mirror on the wall. It was so clear that even in that dim light, I could see a clear reflection of myself. I was wearing my black knee-length dress, with my hair messed up. The mascara couldn't be more smudged.