CHAPTER 13

Y/N's POV

I was jealous. I didn't know why, I didn't know how, but I was pissed because Aria hugged Draco. I already hated her because of the way she behaved with me, and now she was getting comfortable with Draco.

How?

I hadn't seen Draco talking with anyone except his teammates and me. Then when did Aria and Draco become so familiar that she hugged him? And why wasn't he rude to her the way he would be with me?

But why do I care?

Honestly, I had no idea why I was angry. Draco wasn't even my friend, but I felt Aria taking him away from me.

Bullshit! He was never close to me. Then why do I feel like this?

That feeling wasn't unfamiliar. I had been jealous of thousands of girls due to Andrew. But this time, it was for a strange person - Draco Malfoy. I had known him for almost a week, and even with all our improper conversations, I had somehow grown closer to him.

My last interaction with Draco was pretty weird, but I sensed some comfort. He had even told me he was from England and that his family lived there. After learning that Draco was back, I was excited to know his opinion on my choice of clothes for him, but apparently, he had found another girl to have fun with. And that girl was none other than Aria.

Ugh!

It had to be the worst girl in the entire school. But blaming Draco wasn't fair, now that I thought of it. Aria was good-looking and even flirted with guys like Draco. It was easy for him to fall for someone like her. After all, he was the same as other guys.

I decided not to care about Draco anymore. He had made his choice of friends. He would be responsible for whatever fate awaited him. Of course, Aria would be using Draco for his money and looks, not to mention she would leave him the second a more handsome boy appeared. She might even get bored with him. But I couldn't help it.

If Draco were my good friend, I would have warned him. But he wasn't even that. So why should I care if he made friends with the wrong people or got dumped by someone like Aria? It shouldn't bother me.

Later that day, I didn't even exchange a glance with Draco in class. His eyes fixated on the board would sometimes linger on Aria. She was seated next to him and would often touch his arm. I rolled my eyes at them.

The only thing that bothered me was my itchy nose. I was afraid that I had caught a cold. My nose would usually itch before I began sneezing, only to end up with a runny nose.

My suspicion was correct, as the sneezes began the next day itself. At first, I suspected it to be a dust allergy. But when the runny nose phase came in the afternoon, I was sure I was sick.

Y/N: Dude, I've caught a cold. Seems I might have a fever by the end of the day.

Dani: That sucks, girl. Would you be able to make it to Marcus' party?

Y/N: I guess not. You'll probably have to go without me.

Dani: Ugh! I was planning on introducing you to JIM.

Y/N: I'm sorry I have to cancel. We'll plan some other time, okay?

Dani: Of course, you take care of yourself for now.

Y/N: Thanks, Dani!

***

Draco almost drifted to sleep in his bathtub. He was tired after the game practice today. Andrew hadn't dared to come near him today. He had learned his lesson.

Draco remembered Andrew's offensive face from yesterday. Clearly, he wasn't happy after getting insulted in front of Y/N. It seemed everything mattered in front of Y/N for both Draco and Andrew. Aria's words came back to him. Was Y/N really the kind of person Aria had said? Was Y/N a gold digger? A girl who'd sell herself for money and looks?