CHAPTER 31

Y/N's POV

I didn't insist on going inside the water this time. Draco and I sat on the sat, watching the sun move near the horizon. Empty ice cream boxes lay in our hands. It was choco chips again this time.

"Have you thought about filing a complaint yet?" Draco suddenly asked.

"No, not yet," I said. "I think I should tell my parents first, but it will get them worried."

"Who else is there in your family?"

"My parents and grandma. Grandpa died when I was three," I said.

"Only child, huh?"

"Yup," I said. "What about you?"

"Only son," Draco said.

"That's it?" I asked.

"That's it," Draco repeated.

"What do your parents do in England?"

"They... uh... they work for the government," Draco said. "Not my mom, though."

"Just your dad, then?" I asked.

"Yeah," Draco almost whispered. "Let's not talk about them."

"I'm sorry," I bluttered out as soon as I realised that this topic made him uncomfortable. "I didn't know you..."

"It's no problem," Draco cut me off. "I'm not on the best terms with them right now, especially my father."

"You call your dad father?" I asked, a bit surprised.

"Yeah," Draco said. "I've been used to saying that."

"What's his name, if I may ask?" I carefully asked, trying not to get him unsettling again.

"Lucius Malfoy," he said.

"And your mom?"

"Narcissa," Draco replied. I hummed in response.

"Do you and Ms Zaider live here alone?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Yes," Draco said. "She's a house... servant."

"You mean like a family servant?" I asked. Draco nodded.

"What about your cat, though? Didn't see it for a long time?" I was curious. "Wasn't it named Zaider as well?"

"It... went back to its family," Draco said. "To Ms Zaider's family, actually. It was hers, not mine. Looks like she took it back."

"Oh," was all I could say. The more I learned about Draco, the more I felt he was hiding from me. I could always see the mysterious aura surrounding him, as if he was hiding secrets he wouldn't want to tell.

***

Draco watched Y/N as she struggled to put on her seat belt. She made a few tchs every now and then. He couldn't help but chuckle at her childish behaviour. Finally, he decided to help her out. She exhaled smiling as Draco fixed her problem. He gave her a peck while leaning back.

"Hey," Y/N said suddenly, "I hope I didn't cross any limit back there."

Draco didn't understand what she meant by that, so he just raised his brows.

"I mean, you looked pretty uncomfortable when I asked about your parents," she explained, "And I was the only one who kept asking questions. I hope that didn't make you feel as if you were being interrogated."

"No, it didn't," Draco said.

"Okay," Y/N exhaled. "Because, you know, you said we should keep it strictly sexual..."