CHAPTER 34

Mr Thompson, the principal of the school, folded his hands as he leaned back in the chair. Both Draco and Andrew stood before him with their heads low, guilty of their actions. The coach had left the room after reporting about their fight for some urgent business. The principal waited for the boys to say something in their favour, but they kept silent.

"Andrew," the principal began, "...and Draco. Two very talented students of our school. Both in studies and in soccer. The school has better expectations from you two."

After a pause, he continued, "I don't see a reason why two capable boys of our school should get into a fight. Would you like to tell me how and why it happened?"

Draco wasn't sure the principal would understand even if he told him. Plus, it might display him as some coward. So, he kept his mouth shut and waited for Andrew to say something. But he, too, seemed to not say anything.

"Andrew?" the principal asked.

"I'm sorry, sir," he quickly replied.

"Don't apologise to me," the principal said. "It should be Draco to whom you should say sorry. And Draco, you should apologise to Andrew."

"Sorry," Andrew said in a low voice as if he didn't mean it.

"Sorry," Draco repeated the word in the same manner.

"Good. I know what happens at this age," Mr Thompson stated, "You're young, full of spirit. It's a good thing. But meaninglessly fighting to prove you're better than the other... it's just foolishness. And you will understand what I'm saying once you're mature enough."

The principal concluded, "Now, I don't want to hear any more complaints about you two. I advise you to stay on your best behaviour. You understand me?"

"Yes, sir," they both said in unison.

"Good," Mr Thompson said. "I believe you have a class now. You may leave."

Y/N's POV

Draco and Andrew entered the class together. Our Math sir stopped teaching as he saw them both walk into the room. He didn't scold them for being late since everyone in the school was aware of their fight by now. All the sir did was send them angry looks so they wouldn't dare to misbehave again.

When I first heard the news from a classmate, I was worried about what might happen. Fights like these led to being expelled from the school. But since it was their first argument, the principal might have left them with a warning.

I looked at Draco's face, which was expressionless. He sat on the first with Andrew beside him since there were no other empty chairs in the class. I tried to make out what he might have been feeling and wished I could talk to him before it all happened.

The fact that the fight took place between Draco and Andrew made me believe that it was related to me. It was my fault that I dragged Draco into this. If it wasn't because me, Draco and Andrew wouldn't have hated each other. But I had to like Draco and then flirt with Andrew and go back to Draco again.

God, I hate myself so much for this.

"What's wrong?" Dani noticed my tensed face.

"Nothing," I whispered. "I guess it's my fault that led to this fight."

"Your fault? How?" Dani raised her eyebrows. "Don't they both know you've got nothing to do with them?"

I hadn't told Dani about Draco and me since Draco wanted to keep this a secret. According to our deal, it shouldn't be revealed even to our closest friends. So, I told Dani that I had ended things with Draco and that we were just friends now. Plus, I was going on a date with Jason, which she was aware of. So, she believed me.