CHAPTER 46

Draco ordered one more glass of beer. The cool drink relieved his burning insides. He felt he needed it. It was something opposite of fire whiskey he loved. But the drink was doing wonders for him. The bartender picked up Draco's glass and turned to fill it again. Draco's eyes wandered around the club. He would be lying if he said he wasn't searching for Y/N. He couldn't spot her at first glance. But then he saw her.

Y/N sat alone in a corner with her back toward him. Jason wasn't near her.

Where did he go?

The glass made a sound as the bartender placed it before Draco. He turned to hold it when his eyes landed on Jason, walking out of the male bathroom. He did not avert his gaze. He sipped his drink while following Jason with his eyes. Jason made his way toward Y/N, beamed at her and clinked his glass.

Draco could make out the word 'cheers' that Jason spoke. He wanted to know if Y/N had already put the two drops of Veritaserum in Jason's drink. He patiently waited for them to start conversing.

Y/N was the first to speak. Draco couldn't tell what she said, but he confirmed she was nervous from her body language - the way she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, the way she leaned forward to speak and how her left leg tapped the floor twice every second.

Draco saw Jason grin as he spoke. Y/N was listening intently, as she did not say anything. If only he could understand what they talked about. He grazed his hand over his thigh and felt the wand lying in his pocket. He had used a spell to fit it in there.

Draco was conflicted about whether he should eavesdrop or not. But he maintained his patience.

Slowly, he watched Y/N shifting. She tried to stand, but she was unable to. Draco could sense that something was wrong. Y/N put down her drink, and she spoke something he couldn't comprehend.

Jason spoke rapidly, but Y/N wasn't looking at him. She managed to stand and turned as if she was leaving.

From that distance, Draco managed to see a glistening tear, stopped midway, on her cheek. So, his suspicion was correct. There was indeed something wrong with Jason. He wondered what Y/N might have revealed.

Keeping his curiosity aside, Draco straightened to get Y/N as she paced toward him. She breathed faster as if suffocating.

"What's wrong?" he asked her, but she did not reply. Instead, she pushed him and walked toward the exit.

Draco wanted to follow Y/N but saw Jason coming for her. He stopped him.

"What the fuck, man?" Jason yelled.

"What did you do? Why is she crying?" Draco furiously asked.

"Would you stay out of it?" Jason said. "It's none of your fucking business!"

Draco didn't rethink as he drew out his wand with one swift motion and skillfully spelt, "Obliviate!"

He then left the hazy Jason to wonder where he was. Draco erased all of his memories of being with Y/N.

Draco found Y/N on the pavement as she cried in a corner. He quickly ran toward her and held her by her shoulders.

"Y/N!" he said. "Look at me!"

Y/N pushed him away and cried, "Go away! Don't touch me! It's all because of you..."

But Draco didn't let go of her. Y/N kept fighting, but he held her tight.

"Hey, hey," he said. "Look at me!"

"No! I don't want to look at you," she yelled. "It's all because of you. If you hadn't come up with that stupid truth serum."