CHAPTER 22

Y/N's POV

It was the history class again, and Professor Joanne had asked to sit with our assignment partner. Evidently, I had to sit beside Andrew.

Draco and Aria were seated at a distance from us. Aria's figure was hidden by the person sitting in front of me, while Draco's half-face was visible.

Good. I don't want to see that bitch's face right now.

It had been around two hours since that scene with Draco. Still, it felt like minutes ago. I was still processing everything that had happened. Draco's touch on my lips was still fresh, and, to be honest, I craved more of it.

There was a lot going on in my mind at this moment. I had asked Draco the reason for avoiding me, and he had started making excuses. After asking me if I wanted to know the truth, he kissed me.

That didn't make sense. Why would Draco kiss me? Not that I liked it. Of course, I enjoyed it. But how was that a reason to avoid me? Wasn't that supposed to be a reason to see me more?

Draco was confusing me. It appeared to me that he might be speaking with his actions. I replayed the scene again in my mind.

"Don't give me false excuses!"

"Do you want to know the truth?" — of why he is keeping away from me. I guess.

"Yes."

And he kissed me. The kiss meant Draco was attracted to me. But that kiss also was his reason for ignoring me.

Does that mean he doesn't want to be attracted to me?

Then why did he kiss me? Was that an impulse? And why was it wrong for him to be attracted to me? Why was Draco putting up boundaries between us?

Ugh!

I was going crazy with these questions. Overthinking caused my headache.

"You alright?" I wish these consoling words had come from someone else but Andrew.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm okay," I said. "Just a little headache."

I didn't know why I was talking to Andrew. But at that moment, I needed someone to distract me from Draco.

"You know, coffee actually helps with headaches," Andrew said. "Wanna grab one after school?"

"You're still stuck on that coffee date?" I asked.

"It's not a date," Andrew said. "Like I mentioned yesterday. We will have some time to discuss our project too."

I needed to work with Andrew for better marks in that presentation. I had no other choice. I had to work with him one day or another.

"Fine," I said. "But only about the presentation. I swear, if you try to manipulate the topic, I'll walk out of the cafè."

"I won't," Andrew said. "Just the presentation."

I nodded and stared at the blond boy again. He wasn't looking at me. Of course, why would he? It wasn't like I mattered to him. He wanted to keep away from me.

Well, fine, if that's what you want. I'll stay away from you, Draco Malfoy.

***

"Hey, Draco," Draco heard Aria call him. He faced her with a bored expression.

"When shall we get started with our project?"

"Honestly, I don't..." give a rat's ass, "...know. You tell me."