CHAPTER 58

Y/N's POV

"I'm Harry," he said as his green eyes, within his golden-framed round glasses, sparkled in the sunshine, "Harry Potter."

"I'm Y/N." I awkwardly stretched my hand for a shake. "...Cloverfly," I added. I didn't know why I mentioned that when it was completely obvious.

Harry shook it with a chuckle which sounded more like a laugh. Something told me he thought the same thing. He had a pleasant smile, though. And for some reason, it didn't seem fake at all.

I was genuinely concerned about this boy my parents wanted me to meet. Who was interested in me without knowing how I was as a person.

Meeting Harry for the first time in a café on a Sunday morning was a last moment arrangement. Mom came up to me last night while I was still figuring out my previous interaction with Draco and informed me about the recent developments, which weren't recent at all.

Turned out, my parents, surprisingly, on Mr Potter's advice, agreed to let us have a private meeting before his official dinner meeting at my house. That made me curious.

Harry pulled out the chair for me, and it made me wonder if this guy was in for formal greetings or not. He, obviously, found it weird when I shook hands but not so weird when he held out the chair for me.

Judging from his dressing style, Harry wore a plain grey hoodie and some black jeans. His hair looked ruffled, unlike Draco's, which was always set. His golden-rimmed glasses appreciated his green eyes, which suited his face well.

I was wearing a simple white tee with blue jeans. My hair was open, but I had a hair tie around my wrist just in case.

As we both sat down facing each other, I was the first to speak.

"So, Harry," I began, "I'm curious to know why you were interested in... me."

Harry chuckled before he answered. "One would think, wouldn't he?" he muttered, more to himself.

I furrowed my brows when I didn't understand.

"Oh!" Harry said when he realised he hadn't given me a proper answer. "It's just... when your parents came up to me... I thought to at least meet you once before..."

"Hold up!" I said, stopping him while raising a finger. "My parents came to you?"

"Well, yeah." Harry shrugged. "Did you not... know that?"

I sat back, scoffing. I couldn't believe they would do that before asking me once. But nowadays, they surprised me with pretty much everything. So, I guessed I was supposed to get used to it. At least they didn't fix my marriage before my consent.

"I shouldn't have..." Harry began, but I interrupted.

"What did they say?" I asked.

He thought for a second before speaking. "They asked me if I would like to meet their daughter and..." he drifted off, hoping I'd understand. But I waited for him to speak more.

When he didn't, I asked, "And you agreed? Just like that?"

"No," Harry immediately said. "Of course not."

I gave him a look that I wanted to know more.

"Well," Harry said, "When your parents came to me, it was quite surprising. I mean, I had heard about the legend of Cloverflys, but it was crazy to think I'd ever come across one in my life, let alone being offered the opportunity I'm given."

"Your parents never mentioned marriage," Harry explained, "But it was pretty obvious that's what they were hinting at. I'm in an odd position right now. I moved out from my ex-girlfriend's place a couple of months ago. I'm settling things on my own. Honestly, I don't want to jump into anything. Marriage is the last thing on my mind. But meeting new people wouldn't hurt, I guess."