CHAPTER 56

Y/N's POV

I stood behind my father as he sat on the chair facing Principal Thompson beside Draco's father. Mr Malfoy surprisingly had identical hair to Draco's, only Mr Malfoy's hair was longer. His clothes stood out from everyone in the room, and so did his personality.

"I don't understand the problem here, Mr Thompson," Dad said, "Isn't it supposed to be a common behaviour among students these ages? There must be a lot of students doing this on the school grounds."

"Mr Cloverfly," the principal said, "I don't disagree with you. There must be students around the school doing it at this very moment. But this case has taken special recognition in the school. And it is not too away from the trustee's knowledge."

"Are you saying..." Mr Malfoy leaned forward, avoiding the principal's eyes with a smirk on his face. "That out of all the students who could possibly be together, the trustee only seems to be interested in this case. Why?"

His eyes met Mr Thompson's as Mr Thompson gulped, giving him a slight nod. There was tension between them. But it seemed Mr Malfoy enjoyed intimidating Mr Thompson.

I looked at Draco for a split second. He hadn't uttered a single word ever since we had been here. His expression, unlike his father, was blank. He looked like a wax statue, only breathing. It got me wondering whether this was normal for him.

Perhaps it was usual for Mr Malfoy to act this way. Draco could expect nothing different from this.

Mr Thompson cleared his throat. He seemed confused about his reply.

"This matter is extremely sensitive..." he began, "The CCTV footage shows..."

"I know what the video says, Mr Thompson," Mr Malfoy interrupted. "I want you to answer my question."

"Mr Malfoy isn't raising a useless question, Mr Thompson," Dad said. "We must know how, out of all people, our children's videos were leaked."

Principal cleared his throat again. "I'm sorry I cannot provide you with that information..."

"Why not?" Dad questioned.

"Don't you reckon," Mr Malfoy said, "You should interview the person in charge of these videos?"

"The authorities are working on that..." Mr Thompson quickly answered.

"And?" Mr Malfoy raised his brows.

"And we believe in keeping these matters highly confidential," he said.

"I must say, Mr Thompson," Dad said, shifting in his chair, "Letting the video footage get leaked and calling the parents of the victims is not very confidential of your school."

"Who is the person responsible for the record of these videos?" Mr Malfoy asked.

"Larry Roberts," Draco said. It was the first time he had opened his mouth since we were in this room.

"Larry," Mr Malfoy said as if digesting that name. "Do we get to meet him?"

"I'm sorry," Principal Thompson said, "We forbade you to have direct contact with our staff. They are answerable to me only. If you have any worries or complaints, you can share that with me."

"We do have complaints, principal sir," Dad said, leaning forward. "My daughter has been defamed for doing something every student in this school is freely doing. We can't help but feel she is being targeted. Would your staff member Larry care to explain how he leaked the footage of that specific day?"

"And while you're answering that," Mr Malfoy said, "Why don't you tell us why the trustee seems to be interested in this matter only?"

"Gentlemen," Principal Thompson said, clearing his throat, "I'm sorry, but this information is confidential. I assure you your children are not being targeted. Nor will they face any defamation henceforth. I will personally look into this matter. And I expect cooperation from you as well. Please prevent your children from doing any such things. It's a matter of time before school forgets about it."