Chapter Eight

Third POV

After getting home from the trial, Amor and Sirius immediately went to the room Regulus had been in and checked how his wounds were. Amor had pulled his ripped sleeve down and revealed his Dark Mark, Sirius winced seeing his baby brother with that mark and moved to hold him down. James had come up eventually and also held him down.

"How are you taking this off again?" Sirius asked.

"He combines his mark with parsel magic. That's how he can make the mark react badly and painfully because he's using communicating through it with parseltongue. My siblings and I are able to speak it, I can get rid of it, but it will be painful, that's why you need to be holding him down," Amor explained. The two nodded and held down the younger Black brother and Amor held her hand over the mark and started hissing. Black smoke seeped through her hands as Regulus started tensing and convulsing, and finally relaxing after five minutes. Amor pulled her hand away to reveal a clean arm, free of a Dark Mark.

"What were you doing before?" James asked, noticing it took a bit for the smoke to start. Sirius looked at his mates in confusion, "I did a small spell through the Mark, nobody will remember Regulus was a Death Eater. I didn't want anybody coming after him," she explained. Sirius looked thankful and wondered if he could somehow get NArcissa and her son, along with Andromeda and her family safe. He decided to bring it up as they walked down the stairs after changing Regulus' bandages.

"So you think maybe we could get Andromeda and Narcissa to a safer place?" Sirius asked quietly. Amor and James looked at him in sympathy knowing he missed his cousins. Narcissa was in a dangerous position being married to a Death Eater, and Andromeda was also in a dangerous situation because she was married to a muggleborn. James had nodded, giving him permission. While Sirius did add Black wards and runes into the property (that weren't already placed by Dorea Potter) along with Amor adding her own, it was still the Potter Ancestral Home, the decision would end with James. Amor seemed to be thinking about something, when called out on it by Sirius, she said, "If Lucius wants out of being a Death Eater, I can do the same I did to Regulus. But, to make sure he truly wants out of it, and if Narcissa wants him to come, make him swear an oath in front of Narcissa. This is her escape out, it doesn't rest on him," she said. "And he has to accept that a muggleborn will be here," James added. Sirius nodded and started his letters to his two cousins. By the time he had finished and sent them, a ward went off, the ward from the room Regulus was in. He was awake.

Regulus was in quite a bit of pain, but he was also confused. He was going to go destroy the locket horcrux, he was going to die to did it. The Inferi were crawling towards him, they were grabbing at him, then suddenly spells were flying across the cave and he thought he saw his brother, the one person he was hoping he would see. There was also a woman behind him and the Inferi seemed scared of her. The last thing he remembered was Sirius taking Regulus into his arms while the woman grabbed the locket. Then Regulus woke up, he was lying in a room, it had warm colors in the room, but he felt lighter. I mean, there was a lot of pain in his legs and stomach, but he felt lighter. He looked down at his arm and gasped in shock, there was no mark!

Regulus looked up startled as the door opened, Sirius had entered the room with the woman and James Potter behind him. Regulus was a bit on edge, but then remembered, James had just been divorced and it came out that both him and Sirius were under compulsions and spells. Sirius and Regulus just stared at each other while James and Amor kinda stood there awkwardly, until Amor said, "This is when you two hug and reunite," snapping the two out of there stunned stares. Sirius moved forward and wrapped his arms around his brother, he felt his brother try to move his arms and Amor came forward and did it for him, he did have markings on his arms too. Regulus at that moment felt protected, he was in his big brother's arms, the one who protected him from punishments until he couldn't take it anymore, yeah Regulus was upset because it got turned on him, but he knew Sirius would probably have died as a result of him staying. Regulus finally let the mask he kept up go, and Sirius held on tighter as he felt the sobs wrack his brother's body as he also felt his shirt getting wet.

James had gone back downstairs, sensing two owls that had arrived, no doubt responses from Andromeda and Narcissa, but he wasn't going to spoil the reunion upstairs. Amor had gone to Harry's room, knowing he was awake from the nap he just had. "Mommy!" the toddler cheered seeing the woman enter. "Hello my little demon," she greeted. Amor picked up the toddler and carried him out, "Where Daddy and Papa?" Harry asked.

"Well your Daddy went to go pick up some mail that had just arrived, and your Papa is getting reunited with your new Uncle Regulus," Amor informed him, "But your Uncle Regulus has some owies, so I don't know when you will see him, but he does need his rest," she added. She walked down the stairs and saw James, "They both agreed," he informed her. Amor sat Harry down on his high chair, "Wonder what Regulus' reaction will be to not being a Death Eater," she inquired. The following "WHAT?!" made the three look up, "I think that was it," James concluded.