16: I'm Glad

There were only ten minutes left before my first class starts and I was still at the school grounds, almost flying my way to our room at the speed I was running. My professor for that subject was not terror nor strict about punctuality so I was sure I wouldn’t be reprimanded, but I didn’t want to taint my otherwise clean record.

               I cursed under my breath as I thought back about what exactly caused me this situation for the first time.

               It was already around midnight when we came back from training camp. Exhausted by the long drive, I drifted into sleep the moment my body touched the soft and warm mattress of my bed. My alarm probably didn’t go off or I didn’t hear it ringing and ended up sleeping in by mistake.

               I was watching my feet to avoid tripping, resulting in me failing to notice the person ahead who was probably not paying attention either until we collided.

               “Shit!” The stranger hissed as coffee spilled all down the front of her body.

               “I-I’m sorry!” My eyes went wide as I lifted my head to look at the person I just slammed myself into. “I didn’t see—”

               My words died down in my throat as I slowly recognized the stranger before me. Short blonde hair, falling majestically over her shoulders, dark brown eyes that seemed to suck the air in my lungs the longer I stare at them, lips so pink that complimented her light skin tone so well that it made her even more gorgeous if possible.

               Ryujin.

               Realizing I was gawking like a fool, I cleared my throat and stuttered out another apology. “I’m really sorry. I didn’t see you comi—”

               “It’s fine, Jimin.” She gave me a warm smile that made my heart thumped faster than normal. “It is my fault I wasn’t looking where I am going.”

               God.

               She was really kind.

               “B-But I got you soaked...” I pursed my lips anxiously, eyes on the big wet mark on her uniform. “How are you going to attend your classes now?”

               I watched as she pried the wet blazer that was now clinging to her away from her skin before she pulled out a handkerchief from her pocket and proceeded to wipe her arm which was also smeared by the coffee.

               “I have an extra uniform in my locker. You don’t have to worry about me.”

               I sighed in relief.

               Ugh.

               What an embarrassment!

               “More importantly, why were you running?”

               My body went rigid upon hearing her question.

               Fuck.

              The reason why I bumped into her in the first place completely went over my head.

               I glanced down at my wristwatch to check the time.

               Five minutes left.

               “I-I have to go.” I bent my body downwards. “I’m sorry again.”

               I was about to take a step and make a mad dash toward my room when a warm hand enveloped my wrist gently, effectively stopping me. “Can you spare me a minute of your time?”