19: It's Real

I thought it would take a lot more convincing from a third party in order for me to experience some sort of an epiphany and admit to myself that I was attracted to the person I used to hate until just recently.

               I would have never even imagined it would come so... easy like a walk in the park.

               It happened just like that.

               I didn’t even go through the state of denial where I would make myself believe anything to rebuff the idea.

               It was most probably because of that.

               Something stirred in me after our second kiss.

               That kiss was different in a way that I allowed it to happen not because I got swept up in the moment. I could make that excuse if that was the first time, but no, that wasn’t the case.

               I wanted it to happen.

               Then this particular question would come.

               Why?

               The answer was simple.

               I figured that out as soon as her lips left mine and showed me that smirk of hers that I grew to find so sexy over the time.

               I was attracted to her.

               That was the only rational reason.

               She was right about what she told me.

               I lack control over myself whenever our bodies were near.

               No one could really blame me.

               Minjeong Kim was irresistible.

               She possessed this kind of charm that could captivate anybody.

               Perhaps, I was aware of this glaring fact even before yesterday happened.

               It was just I was so focused on her negative personality traits to justify my hatred for her that I had failed to acknowledge everything that was positive about her.

               Only now was I realizing just what kind of a person she really was.

               ...and she was something.

               However, I would never admit this realization to her.

               My pride wouldn’t allow me to do that.

               Besides, it was merely an attraction.

               Something that was short-lived.

               It was nothing compared to what I feel for Ryujin.

               Hence, I had every intention to keep this attraction to myself until it disappears.

               The sound of the school bell indicated the end of today’s Science lesson. Due to the series of brain-wrecking equations, my classmates had been eagerly waiting for this moment which was evident with how they all simultaneously released an audible sigh of relief.

               Standing on the platform before us, our professor cleared their throat before giving us their parting words.

               “Before I go, I want to remind you about your project that is due next Friday. Should you fail to submit it on time, you will automatically get a failing grade this term. Is that clear?” they said which earned exasperated nods from the majority of the class. “Class dismissed.”