30: You Try

I woke up the following day feeling lighter —  gone was the anxiety that had been weighing on my chest for days, and was now surmounted by something akin to contentment.

               My heart was calmer as well; beating rhythmically in a normal pattern. My mind was empty — in the sense that it was no longer plagued with incessant awful thoughts.

               In other words; I feel so fantastic.

               It could be concluded that it was because it was finally the day of the music club’s performance. This had always put me in high spirits ever since, after all. However, I think the reason was entirely different this time around.

               ...most definitely.

               My morning routine was done with a  small smile ghosting over my lips, and spring in my step — which I wasn’t even aware of until one of our housekeepers pointed it out.

               Embarrassed, I muttered an excuse that it was because I was reminded of a certain comedic scene in a movie that I watched last night — which was a lie since I was up until around midnight talking over the phone with Aeri about her.

               I also asked our chef to teach me a thing or two about cooking since I plan to personally make myself and the other a bento for our lunch later — just a little something to show my affection.              

               Once inside the car, I instructed our driver to follow the address I scribbled on a piece of paper. He seemed curious since the place was out of the way; though, he didn’t ask anything and proceeded to drive away.

               Okay.

               I’m not sure if I was doing this right.

               I hope she wouldn’t find it weird.

               Upon arriving, I quickly fished out my phone and opened the messaging application.

Jimin:     Come out.
                   I’m in front of your gate.

               Not even a minute had passed when I saw the gate opening, and someone familiar coming out; eyebrows furrowed in apparent confusion.

               I took the opportunity to appreciate her appearance behind the tinted windows where I couldn’t be seen.

               She was wearing our school uniform like she normally does — folded sleeves all the way up to her elbows — the undone first two buttons of her undershirt causing her pale upper chest and her snowflake pendant to be visible — the blazer that hung loosely upon her shoulders. However, for some reason, she looked a lot more attractive than she already was in my eyes.

               Damn.

               I drew in a deep breath.

               Here it goes.

               I rolled the window down; then beckoned her over which she did even though confusion was still plastered on her face.              

               “Karina...” she mumbled once she was closer. “What are you doing here?”

               “Good morning to you too, Winter,” I said in a cheery tone. “Picking you up, of course.”

               She raised a brow, clearly amused.