Chapter 23: Planned to Perfection

__

(Getting to know you question: if you could be any animal, what would you be?)

A/N: Okay, usually I don't do this, but the POV switches to Sinclair in the middle of the chapter after the page break! Also, this is so messed up to be giving you all a filler chapter after making you wait for three weeks, but WE'RE GOING TO FRANCE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

"How did the two of you end up with a trip to France?"

__

"Seriously? You're not going to tell us anything?" I gawked at Audrey, who wasn't telling me even a hint of how things had gone with David.

Audrey shrugged nonchalantly, seeming neither pleased nor displeased. Although, she couldn't hide the slight tinge of pink that appeared on her cheeks. 

"It was good. He's very kind," Audrey answered, "I don't know what you want me to say."

Jade, Sinclair, and I all looked at one another, not believing that Audrey was being this casual about this entire thing. After lunch (and after seeing Natalie), Sinclair and I had returned to his office to meet back up with David and Audrey. They seemed extremely happy upon their return, but neither of them had cared to give much insight into how it had gone. Even David (who usually told Sinclair EVERYTHING) wouldn't speak a word. Sinclair ended up reconvening with us at my apartment later that afternoon, along with Jade who had come by for dinner. Jade was ecstatic to know that Audrey had gone on an impromptu, unofficial date, and was the most curious to know more. We were all spread out in my living room, refusing to move until Audrey answered our questions.

"Well, what did you think of him?" Sinclair asked, sipping from his water glass, "And don't hold back just because he's my friend."

Audrey picked at the light pink nail polish on her fingers, something she did only on the rare occasion that she knew exactly what to say, but didn't want to say it.

"I think he's extremely charming," Audrey replied, "I can see why you're friends with him."

"Audrey," Jade finally piped up, not being able to take the vagueness anymore, "You know what we're asking you."

Jade, Sinclair, and I all leaned in closer as we awaited her answer. Audrey's cheeks went even redder as she formulated her reply.

"Yes, I do like him," Audrey sighed, but couldn't hide the blushful smile on her face, "But I don't even know if we'll see each other again! So don't get your hopes up."

Audrey didn't admit to things like that often. With all of her previous romantic partners, I don't think she ever admitted to me or Jade that she actually loved or even LIKED them. The fact that she had met David, gone on a first date, admitted that she liked him, AND all of it happening in the same day? Yeah, David Callahan might've already won the well-protected heart that belonged to my beloved Audrey Miller. 

"I can guarantee you that you'll see him again. David doesn't take just anybody out to lunch like that," Sinclair grinned, his arm tightening just a touch around my waist, "You made an impression on him."

Audrey was visibly discomposed, but not in a bad way. She was stuttering over words and her face only flushed deeper red with each passing second. 

"Aud, I don't think I've ever seen you get flustered before." I announced, my jaw dropped at her giggly behavior.

"Me either! You really do like him!" Jade squealed, hardly believing it herself.

Sinclair and I shared a look, knowing that our plan had worked far past our expectations. The match made lovers had become the match makers. How ironic.