Epilogue

__

"Oh, you can't blame her for being curious. I'm afraid she gets that from me."

__

"Come here, princess. I don't think your mother would be very happy with me if I let your dress get dirty." Sinclair chuckled, bending downwards to pick up our squirming 1-year-old that was currently doing anything that she could to get herself as messy as possible.

She let out a bubbly squeal when she was suddenly off the ground and in Sinclair's arms. She didn't dare to look down at the ground, because she had learned long ago that looking down from Sinclair's tall frame was rather scary. She was in a good mood, mainly because of the warm, late spring weather and the fact that she was all dressed up (although, I'm confident that she didn't know why). It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon. The sun was shining brightly, not a single ominous cloud was floating in the baby blue sky. The flowers decorating our estate were stunning, all thanks to my father's collaboration with Sinclair to make our home gorgeous with plants this year.

Our daughter had turned one back in January, and I could hardly process the fact that she was almost a year and a half old. It was even harder for me to believe that Sinclair and I's sixth wedding anniversary was coming up in a month, at the end of June. Sinclair and I had been busy the last several years, between getting married, getting my new book published, and having a child together.

Our engagement was (admittedly) longer than the time that we dated. Sinclair didn't want to rush the wedding, because he wanted it to be exactly to our likings. My parents had been over the moon when I called them the next day to tell them the news. Mum went on and on about how she knew that she had been right about Sinclair, and Dad was honestly just happy that I was happy.

We got married seven months after he proposed that fateful evening in the garden, and the wedding was everything that I had ever dreamed of. David was Sinclair's best man, while Audrey and Jade were my maids of honor (I couldn't pick between them. There was absolutely no way). Sinclair cried shamelessly, which only made me begin to cry before the ceremony even started. It was a wonderful wedding, and we couldn't have imagined it being any better.

As far as my book goes, I pretty much got started as soon as I told Sinclair about it. I called my publisher first thing the next morning, telling her that I had an idea that was going to be show stopping. She was skeptical at first, but was intrigued that I was deciding to try something out of my comfort zone. The company loved it, and it was a massive relief to me to know that I had met my deadline. As promised, Sinclair has worked with me every single day to help me write this book (and a few parts are even written by him). He's helped me include details that I might've forgotten or helped me with wording certain things to make it sound more....fitting for the story. It hasn't been published yet (obviously, because I'm writing this right now), but as I'm finishing up this story, I know with all my whole heart that it's going to be the best work of my career.

Between the wedding and the book, I had never felt more fulfilled and complete in my entire life, and I didn't think I could've possibly been any happier.

And then we found out that I was pregnant.

Sinclair and I weren't exactly trying to get pregnant. It was kind of one of those things where we weren't trying not to, but we weren't actively working towards it. It was actually Sinclair who noticed it first. I hadn't even an inkling that I was pregnant, but Sinclair's accurate observation skills were as sharp as ever. He had noticed that I looked different. He told me that I had a certain sparkle that I didn't usually have, and he even confessed that he found me to be more irritable than I had ever been. I hadn't believed he was right at the time, but then when my test came back positive that mid-April day, I had to admit that I had been wrong. Sinclair nearly exploded with excitement when I told him. He was so beyond happy to be having a baby, and he was the absolute best throughout my pregnancy. There was never an overly uncomfortable moment, because Sinclair went out of his way to make sure that I was content at every second of it.