Chapter 8

"Stop your complaining. I never take a day off." I listened to Levi complaining along with a few other kitchen staff. "I'm taking the night off, I am leaving Sally in charge of the front of the house." I turned to Levi, "you're in charge of the kitchen. I'm trusting you."

Levi sighed and nodded, "okay. We'll be fine." He rolled his eyes, "go, get a life."

I laughed at his sarcastic tone. I placed my hand on his cheek, "thank you Levi."

He half smiled, "it's all good. Get out of here."

I nodded, looking around the kitchen once more before leaving.

**********************************************************

I was about to knock on Chris's front door when it opened to Scott smiling at me, "Scott. Hi." I handed him the box of cupcakes I made, "take these for me."

"Yes ma'am."

I laughed as I saw Chris come up to us.

"Putting people to work?"

I nodded, "I can't help it."

Chris shook his head, "and you're supposed to be taking the night off."

I shrugged as he leaned down to kiss me, "I can't help it."

He laughed as he grabbed her hand, "and how's the night off going."

I shrugged again, "I don't know. I left Levi in charge of the kitchen. So we'll see how it goes."

He nodded, stopping in the hallway, "are you ready?" He stood in front of her, placing his hands on her shoulders, "it'll be fine. Okay?"

I nodded, bringing my hands up to the nape of his neck as I felt him move his hands down to my back, "have to let someone in at some point." I heard him chuckle as I brought his lips to mine. I felt him hold back a bit as I teased his tongue with mine.

He moaned softly before pulling away, "you can't kiss me like that."

I laughed, "sorry." I motioned for him to keep walking, "proceed." I heard him chuckle as he grabbed my hand again, interlocking his fingers in mine as we walked. I took a deep breath as he led me out to the back patio where people were.

Chris stood in front of a table with his family who were all smiling. "I know you guys sort of met her before, but I'd like to introduce everyone to Kate."

I smiled politely as everyone smiled at me and he introduced his mother Lisa and sisters Shanna and Carly, "it's nice to officially meet you."

Chris turned to her, "want to go swimming?"

I shook my head, "not really." I wasn't really looking forward to being in a swimsuit and parading myself in front of his family and friends. I saw him hesitate, making me put my arms around his waist, "it's okay. You can leave me alone you know. Go."

He nodded, bringing his hands to her cheeks, "are you sure?"

I rolled my eyes, "yes. I'll sit with your mom and sisters." I saw him smirk as he removed his shirt to display a chiseled torso and tattoos, "wow. That's just mean." My eyes traveled down to where his trunks hung off his hips and back up to his smirk, "am I blushing?"

He laughed, "oh yes. I love it."

I shook my head, chuckling as he kissed me before walking away. I sat at the table with his mom and sisters as Scott sat next to me. I sighed, "okay, let's go. But, take it easy on me, please."

Lisa laughed, "I'm sure we don't know what you're talking about."

I nodded, "right. Well I should thank you for teaching Chris how to cook. He made dinner for me last week. It's nice to have someone else do it for a change."

She chuckled, "well you're welcome. We loved your restaurant. Chris said you own it?"

"I do. Tonight is actually the first night I've taken off from it since I opened it."

"Wow. Really?"

I nodded, "yeah. I have trouble relinquishing control. I'm working on it."

"So.." Shanna leaned forward, "Chris says you guys met in therapy?"

"I mean. Sort of. Yeah. My session is right before his. So we passed each other every week. One week he was waiting with a coffee cup for me with his name and number on it."

Lisa smiled, "that's sweet."

I chuckled, "yeah. We ran into each other when we were both out on dates with other people. Then he showed up to my restaurant unknowingly. After that I finally agreed to go out with him."

"Make him work for it. That's for the best."

I laughed at Scott. "Thanks." I felt arms wrapping around me from behind, making me jump.

"Sorry." Chris leaned down, kissing her on the cheek. "I was checking to make sure everyone was playing nice."

I shook my head, "it's fine. Don't sneak up on me. And we're fine."

He nodded, standing up and grabbing her hand, "come with me."

I smiled at his family as I felt him drag me into the house. "Where are we going?"

He smiled back at her, "just to the kitchen. Wanted you alone."

I chuckled, "oh I see." I leaned back against the counter as he placed his hands on the counter on either side of me. I looked down as I brought my hands to his still bare torso. "And why, pray tell, do you want me alone?"

He looked down at her hands exploring his stomach and chest, making his breath, "for that."

***************************************************************

I grabbed her hands, putting them around my neck as I lifted her by the back of her thighs. I heard a small squeal as I set her on the counter in front of me, "I wanted to see if you wanted to spend the night with me."

She hesitated, "I don't know Chris."

I shook my head, "just stay with me. Even if you decide to stay in another room. Though I hope you don't."

She laughed at his smirk, "yeah? Convince me?"

I nodded, bringing a hand to her cheek as I felt her meet my lips with a small moan. Her lips were soft and urgent against mine, making me moan. I pulled my mouth from hers, "okay. Probably a bad idea."

She giggled, "what is?"

"Bringing you in here alone. Because now I want to show you to my bedroom."

She smirked, "I don't know if I'm ready for that yet."

I nodded, "I know. We don't have to do anything you aren't comfortable with Kat. But stay with me?"

She sighed and nodded, "okay. It's been a long time since I've slept with a man."

"Really?"

She shrugged, "I mean, I have sex. I just don't sleep over anywhere, or let them sleep over."

I brought my hand to her hair, running my fingers through before playing with the ends, "why not?"

She sighed, "there's a certain level of trust you need to have to fall asleep with someone. And that is hard for me to find."

I nodded, "well you can trust me."

She smiled, "I want to."