Chapter 16

"Chris, what are you doing? Your family is going to be here any minute." I felt him behind me in the kitchen, running his hand up my thigh. "We had sex this morning."

He chuckled, "I know. I'm not done with you." He grabbed her waist, turning her to face him as he brought his hand between her legs, "I'm never done with you Kat."

I moaned as I felt him quickly moving my panties to the side as his fingers entered me urgently, "Chris"

He smiled as he felt her clutch onto his neck, resting her head on his. "Do you want me to stop?"

"You know I don't." I had to clutch my other hand onto the counter as he continued. "Fuck."

He saw her close her eyes, "no. Look at me."

I opened my eyes into his as I heard cars in the driveway. I panted, "Chris you're family... is here."

He nodded, "better finish quickly then."

I felt him mover quicker as I felt the orgasm washing over me. I heard him chuckle at me trying to be quiet as we heard the front door open.

As she finished, he pulled away to the sink just as people started to enter the kitchen.

"Chris, can you help carry stuff?" Lisa was the first to enter the kitchen.

He nodded as he dried his hands, kissing Kate on the cheek. "I love you."

I laughed, shaking my head as I helped Lisa pull out stuff for Thanksgiving.

"Are you okay Kate?"

I nodded, "just a little warm in here. I'll be right back. Everything is pretty much done." I went into the bedroom as I heard Chris follow me. I looked up to see him smirking at me, "I have to change my underwear. You're diabolical."

He laughed as he watched her, "but you love me."

I nodded, sitting on the edge of the bed, removing the apron from my dress, "I do. I love you."

He smiled, kneeling in front of her, "I'll never get tired of hearing you say that."

I put my hands on the nape of his neck, interlocking my fingers as I leaned my head against his, "me too."

"Marry me."

I laughed, "you know that I'm used to you being crazy by now, but we've barely known each other for 6 months Chris. Don't make me hit you."

He laughed, "I might like that. And I know. But sometimes things are just right, you know?"

I shook my head, "are you seriously proposing right now? On Thanksgiving with your family waiting for us?"

He smiled, "yes and no. I'm mostly gauging your panic meter. I am serious though. I love you."

I groaned, "I love you too. Come back to me with an actual proposal and I'll think about it."

He laughed, standing up, "that wasn't a no." He held his hand out to her.

I accepted his hand, "it wasn't a no. Go. I'll be out in a minute."

He nodded, kissing her on the forehead. He turned back to her from the door, "I'm going to make you my wife."

I laughed, shaking my head as I watched him leave the bedroom.

********************************************************************

I left Kate alone in the room to find my mother in the kitchen. "Mom, you know that ring that was grandma's?"

She looked around at her kids and back at Chris, holding up her right hand, "you mean this one?"

I nodded, "yes! Can I have it?"

Lisa nodded, pulling the ring off her finger, "are you sure son?"

"I've never been more sure." I sensed her hesitation, "are you not okay with this?"

She nodded, "of course I am. If you're sure, then we're all okay with it."

I looked around the room to encouragement from my family, "okay. Thank you. I probably won't do it today. She doesn't really like having all the attention on her." I just had it in my pocket when I heard her coming down the hall. I turned to face her, "ready to eat love?"

She nodded, "yeah. Let's get everything on the table."

******************************************************************

As everyone sat eating, I couldn't help but feel a bit emotional looking around the table at Chris's family. He seemed to sense it as I felt him squeeze my thigh. I looked over to see him smiling at me.

"So have you watched any of his movies now?"

I laughed at Lisa, "um, a few. It's kind of weird."

Scott laughed, "weird how?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I mean I've gotten to know this Chris before seeing anything he's in." I looked at him, "I'm sorry, it's a little hard imagining you as a tough super hero when I know you're afraid of spiders."

Everyone at the table laughed, including Chris, "yeah well. I'm tough!"

I laughed, "oh sweetie. You're like a golden retriever in human form."

He laughed, "I'll take that as a compliment."

I nodded, "as you should. I love you." I looked around at his family, "and thank you for including me into your family. I'm sure it can be hard letting outsiders in. And I've never actually had a family before."

Lisa nodded, "Chris loves you, we love you."

I laughed, "well you don't have to."

Scott laughed, "come on. It's nice having a chef in the family."

Everyone laughed as Chris threw a roll at Scott.

Scott shrugged, eating the roll, "never can have too much bread."

Chris leaned, towards Kate, kissing her on the cheek, "I love you too."