Chapter 2

The peaceful atmosphere has been replaced by uncomfortable silence and the soft music by the beating sound of their hearts.

"Everyone... let's all calm down." Someone muttered, but it was more like he was persuading himself than them.

But no one paid him attention as they were busy pondering what had happened.

"Rosalyn?" Alberu called out, breaking the silence while a group of servants went to check his condition but he only shrugged them off and gestured to check the others.

Rosalyn took a deep breath while she calm herself, steadying her voice as she spoke. "I need to have a proper examination of it first, just to make sure."

At his nod, Rosalyn took out a handkerchief from her pocket before slowly reaching out to the orb and carefully lifting it. Rosalyn turned around and approached the nearest table and took out a thick book from her spatial dimension bag. They watched her back with curious gazes as she did her work.

Choi han kept his face stoic as he wiped the bloodied sword in her robe and nonchalantly tossed the headless body onto the side. He jumped down from the stage afterward, not having an ounce of care about the people watching him.

Alberu brushed a hand on his face and gathered his thoughts. "Haa... Let's get everyone home safely first."

"We can't." Beacrox replied.

"What do you mean you can't?" A stern man, an aristocrat, hissed from the crowd but had shrunken back and quickly withdrew his gaze when Beacrox's piercing gaze meet him.

Ron answered instead, he stood in front of the huge doors.  "We literally can't." he even pushed the door several times to show them, and it did not budge even a bit as he did.

"Then why don't we just break them?"Choi han suggested and already approaching the door but was stopped. "I don't think that's a wise decision." said Ron, as he gestured his hands towards it.

Choi han raised his eyebrow at him before averting his eyes towards it, the others copied his movement and glance towards the said door, it took a while before they finally noticed something.

A faint light is covering all over it, and also every corner of the castle.

"It's a spell." Bud muttered when he recognized it, placing his hand on his chin as he sighed. They all turned to him.

"What kind of spell?" Tasha asked, she stood close to her nephew.

"A spell for binding, it is used way back before, mostly in wagons when selling abundances of goods." he supplied.

Bud raised his finger as he continued. "For instance, instead of needing a hundred horses to pull a hundred wagons, you will rather only need a horse to pull one while the rest of the wagons will copy its movement.

"But unfortunately it doesn't only copy its movement but instead it becomes one. So when one breaks, the rest will too. That's why merchants stopped using it way back and just labeled it as something useless." he finished and placed a hand on his hip.

"So you're saying is that, if we break through it, the others that bind with it will break as well?" They averted their eyes towards the person who asked.

It was Violan Henituse. Her eyes were steady despite the incident as she asked calmly, hugging lily between her arms while Basen stood beside them and Deruth supporting them from behind, placing his hands on their shoulders.

"Yes."

"It wouldn't be a problem breaking a few doors and glasses, but this one here..." Glenn said as he placed a hand over it. They can see a faint light covering it as well.