Chapter 6

Long before, they have thought that it was Cale who is distancing himself first and they just followed suit.

But in reality, it was the opposite.

They didn't realize that they are the ones who pushed Cale away from them.

Then again, they wouldn't have noticed, although they had shared a roof for years and even shared the same surname they never concern themselves with others' problems and often disregarded each other.

Choi han and the others previously have thought his behavior purely because he was born in a wealthy family and was pampered since birth, but have now realized it was far from the truth.

The Citizens who openly denounced him before and who would start throwing curses at him, felt a plague of remorse swept over them, and a strong sense of guilt and shame.

But it was already too late, the youth who sat alone at the end had fully closed off his heart.

The scene faded and was replaced by two figures walking down the hallway, a huge distance can be seen between them.

A five years old Basen walks ahead, his shoulders slumped. The candle's glaring light glints in his reflective tearful eyes. The tip of his nose was faintly red.

While Cale on the other hand, looks furious, his eyes narrowed.

The others look worried and at the same time curious, as to what makes the young masters in that way.

Even Violan, who knows about what goes on in the Henituse territory, looked slightly confused, and glance at his son as if asking.

Basen lowered his eyes for a moment, thinking how to say it. Then he raised his head and cleared his throat. "I think this was the time when I had a small dispute with some of our cousins."

Violan didn't press him anymore as she understood immediately what had happened, while the others gave him a look of sympathy.

Nobles tend to have issues with ones they called half-bloods or bastards, what more to someone that doesn't have the same blood as theirs.

Even though the Count always said, Basen is his child and has his blood, it doesn't take a smart person to know it wasn't the truth.

It was the main reason why no one in their relatives likes him or even acknowledged him as one of the Henituse and instantly expressed his disdain to him.

Basen arrived with his mother at the Henituse household at the age of 5. And Violan already had given birth to Basen before her first meeting with the Count.

That's why they all threw a fit and were unhappy when his father announced him as one of his possible heirs.

It was only when his older brother started acting trash and maybe, through his perseverance and hard work, that they started to reconsider him worthy of such a title.

And finally placed their hopes in him, when his older brother decided to abandon them during the war.

But then again, they would have chosen anyone other than Cale at that time.

They looked back and saw the distance between the two of them quickly disappear when Cale who had been trailing behind Basen, fasten his pace to catch up to him.