Chapter 7

The scene faded and was replaced by, Choi han, who stood across Cale. Restless nights sat under his eyes as kept his voice monotone and informed Cale about what happened at the Harris village.

Cale crossed his legs and asked. "Why should my father care whether or not some useless villagers are dead?"

His pale face reflected upon the clear alcohol as he raised his cup and tautly added. "This cup of alcohol in my hand is worth more than all of your useless lives combined."

Cale finally turned his back at him and looked as though he could not be bothered with him any longer and resumed his drinking.

But Choi Han has other plans as he starts to laugh at Cale’s words, his face darkening.

Cale snaps up at the sound.

Choi han tilted his head and spoke. "What an interesting thought. I am very curious to know whether you will change your mind or not."

He clenches his fist as he glares at Cale as though he wants to incinerate him and asked. "Shall we test it out?"

Cale only furrowed his brow at him.

In a blink of an eye, Cale has laid flat on the wooden floor as Choi han lunged at him, knocking him to the ground.

The glass of alcohol that was previously in Cale's hand, has shattered onto the floor, as well as a couple of bottles of alcohol and the chair where Cale has sat.

Using his aura, his fist mercilessly collided with Cale's body.

And soon the air was filled with the sickening sound of Cale's bones breaking as Choi han brutally punches him.

Violan quickly covered Lily's eyes that were trembling with fear and anger. Not knowing her expression was somewhat the same. Only, it was more anger than fear.

The others couldn't help but screech in horror, even Rosalyn let out a gasp.

While Cale strives not to make a sound as his body screamed with pain and despite the metallic taste of blood in his mouth, the smile on his face didn’t falter.

They were all stupefied by what was happening, especially the ones who only have read of this incident in the papers.

But it clearly stated in there that the Count's eldest son had gone completely overboard with his words and a black-haired man, who later revealed to be Choi han, their hero, only thought him a lesson.

It didn't say that the said lesson was beating him.

Even if the young master was deliberately provocative, it still doesn't justify his action.

The worst part of all of this is that Deruth has heard this incident from one of his subordinates. But he was never aware of the extent of what happened to his son.

That Cale has suffered like this.

And yes, they might have notified him, but they told him that his son was involved in a fight with someone, the same person who later came to him that day, telling him about the deaths of the people in the Harris village.

Not that he was beaten to a pulp by a stranger, and it was only one-sided. His son never even tried to fight back.

And that time, he didn't have the luxury to check up on him or to pursue the matter as he became busy taking care of the Harris village and decided to send him a healer.

And didn't bother visiting him afterward, as he was informed that his son was back into drinking just a few days later.

Just like that, this incident was forgotten.