Chapter 8

She subconsciously straightened up with her hands clasped in front of her and appears to not know what to say for a while. But as she didn't want to stay any longer, she answered truthfully. "Sir Ron has gone already, young master."

Cale's abnormally white and chapped lips moved, a moment later they heard him ask. "Where to?"

"I apologize young master, but I do not know exactly where they- "

"Nevermind that, just tell him to come here after he returns," Cale spoke, cutting her off.

"I-I don't think that would be possible, young master." she stuttered.

Cale hadn't shown any changes in emotions even with the maid's impertinence but when he heard those words, he glanced over her, with eyes that seemed colder than before.

Feeling the frosty gaze on her she sweat nervously and continued hastily. "Sir Ron and his son have left the manor, together with all of their belongings."

"We suspect that they wouldn't be returning anytime soon." her voice became thinner as she spoke.

From the maid's position, she didn't see how he tightened his hold on the quilt, his mouth curved into an ironic smile as he have taken in her words and was left to wait anxiously for what he is about to say next.

Cale stiffly looked away and closed his eyes for a moment and didn't make it difficult for the maid and said. "Leave."

Hearing her dismissal, she couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief as she hurried out, even forgetting to courtesy before leaving.

While Ron watched him quietly in return, his gaze was calm but complicated that even his son couldn't understand.

Hearing the door close, Cale slowly opened his eyes. Looking up at the ceiling, he let out a strange and bitter laugh.

Cale felt rather wronged, as though he was betrayed.

Knowing that he meant so much to Cale, to even cause grievances to him, Ron didn't know what to feel.

But it was not a feeling that he could easily brush off.

Ron's expression had suddenly turned grim as he felt a pang of guilt. In what way could he possibly not, when he knew for a fact that he has forsaken his young master.

Nevertheless, he wouldn't change anything.

At the same time, some memories crossed through his mind, the same memories that tormented him for life. It happened years ago but the pain and helplessness he felt were still fresh.

As if, it was forcefully embedded in his mind that he could still remember every detail of what happened, even until this day.

Perhaps it hurts so much, that he can't get himself to forget, no matter how hard he tried.

That's why when Choi han first came in the manor, having the same scent of 'Arm', the organization that slaughtered his family.

It took every will and control inside his body not to aim for his neck and strangle him with his bare hands or perhaps slash him with the knife that laid peacefully atop his cart, right there and then.

He did manage to get a hold of himself when he find out later on that very day, that Choi han had suffered the same ordeal. But of course, it still couldn't compare to what they've been through.

But Ron knew that Choi han shared the same sentiments with them and was aware that his hatred is no less. And that he wants retribution just the same as them.