Chapter 15

Moments before their encounter...

It was a biting cold air of never-ending winter, but his back was drenched in sweat, and his black clothes were stained with dirt and debris.

He leaned back against the wall, panting heavily, his eyes were closed as he tries to calm his racing heart and tired lungs.

Instantly, the expression on Cale's face changed as he opened his eyelids.

He looked towards the window and caught sight of several hazy figures through the bleak snowfall.

"Fuck." He curses under his breath.

They had caught up to him.

He went to the other side of the room and hastily opened the secret compartment beneath his desk, several teleportation scrolls with different coordinates came into view.

Without glancing, he randomly took out one and tore it apart.

At the same time, he could hear the sound of the window breaking violently from his side as a group of men came in.

He disappeared just in time before they reached him and could only spit curses at his disappearing figure.

As soon as he opened his russet eyes, he found himself in another place.

Even though it was already morning, the sky remained dark, as if it was still nighttime. The fog drifted slightly from the cold wind.

From a distance, the thick sturdy wall that guarded the Henituse territory against the monsters in the forest of darkness was seen.

But before he could lower his guard down and the adrenaline rush start to dissipate he noticed a group of men staring in his direction.

Most of them were wielding spears, the rest has swords in one hand and shields in the other.

Clad with heavy and the most exquisite golden armor and an iron helmet covering their faces tightly, with only their eyes being visible.

They appeared to be knights of the royal family.

"It's him!" one of them exclaimed and ran towards him, the others followed suit and charged murderously toward him.

Cale was caught off guard for a moment, but he quickly regain rational thinking and ran in a different direction while swiftly dodging their weapons, his feet nearly slipping away in the mud. Silently regretting that he only took one scroll.

He was too busy evading and running away from them, he didn't notice he ended up being cornered against the huge wall.

The one leading them swung his iron spear at him.

He turned sideways in a split second, protecting his head, just enough time to avoid the cold blade aiming to take his life. The tip scraped his nape past him.

Shallow, but nonetheless painful.

He winces, clenching his teeth for a second. He then stomped on the wall to extract more force, using his other leg to kick him, throwing the other along with the person behind his opponent, several meters away from him.

They want me dead.

This ice-cold thought only flashed in his mind for an instant as the next moment another one is making his way towards him.

Just as his weapon was about to strike, they all suddenly felt a strong pressure around them as if ominous darkness was looming threateningly over them, drowning them in an abyss.

Cale quickly recognized what it was.

Dragon Fear.

The others subconsciously shrank back, they soon heard soft footsteps coming from afar.