Chapter 5

A long table was placed in the center of the room, filled with numerous expensive foods, side dishes, too much for one person. A few servants were seen to be standing in the sides.

From the furniture to the foods, it can be described as anything but less.

The commoners who were watching can't help but feel slightly envious and drooled at the sight, as they can only have that much food during festivals or celebrations and even some of them have never experienced that much in their whole life.

But if you look closely at the Child sitting on the edge, will make one think twice.

A couple of minutes has passed but Cale remains seated, his hands folded on his lap, the food that screams to be eaten was left untouched.

"Does he not like the food?" a child innocently asked in the crowd, followed by a scoff from someone else.

Beacrox's expression was scrunched into a grimace.

Food is rather a sensitive topic to him, he understood the meaning of starving and the importance of food more than anyone in the room.

Seeing someone who doesn't appreciate it, quite upset him.

At the same time, the door creaked open and revealed a man in his late 60s, wearing a chef's uniform.

Ron still recognizes the old man, he was the one who is responsible for the main kitchen and who was later demoted to #3 kitchen.

The chef walk up to him and bowed his head with respect before greeting him. "Young master."

"Pardon me for asking, but is the food not in your liking?" he asked carefully. It seems that the chef has the same assumption as them.

After a while, the chef inquired again. "Do you wish for me to replace them?"

However, contrary to everyone's beliefs.

Cale leaned his body backward and turned his head towards him, but instead of answering, he asked. "Is father not going to eat?"

Hearing Cale asking for him made Deruth raise his head and look towards his son.

Beacrox's frown slowly dissipated, while the others were seemingly surprised by his question.

The chef hesitated for a while, he looked at Cale, his eyes revealed conflicting emotion as he spoke,
seemingly choosing his words carefully. "Young Master, I'm afraid the Count has already finished eating in his office."

The room got a lot quieter in an instant, their hearts quivered at the sight.

Cale looked at him, before glancing towards one of the servants, looking so confused. "B-But when I asked you earlier, you said father hasn't eaten yet.

Blinking, he asked confusely. "How come he has finished eating so quickly?"

The servant bowed his head respectfully, pursing her lips into a thin line. "Young Master, you asked this servant when you have arrived here earlier..." she can't help but avert her eyes.

After a while, she finally mustered up the courage to speak, a bitter expression can be seen on her face as she continued. "It's been four hours since then, Young master."

Cale looked surprised and glance towards the clock that was hung on the wall before looking back in front of him, It was past 10 in midnight.

After a moment of silence, Cale spoke softly, his expression sinking in an instant. "Ah... I see I haven't noticed."

The servant looked like she wanted to speak but she then stayed down, she reminded herself that she's just a servant.

Cale didn't speak anymore and was about to pick up the silverware to start his eating but the chef eagerly steps forward. "Young master, please wait as I'll fetch another set of food."