End

The skies were overcast, thick clouds were shrouded, and the weather was in no way near getting warmer.

It kept pouring and pouring, and one couldn't tell if it was morning or evening.

Days have passed since the incident.

Since then, the ancient dragon was never to be seen again, his whereabouts remain unknown, even to Lark.

It is said he is recuperating, but one could tell the reason was another.

The Henituse who had suffered the greatest from the loss had shut from the public eye.

These days they had cried so much that their tears no longer flowed, even when they finally buried his body beside his mother.

After Cale's funeral, the Count came to meet Alberu and said these words to him.

"The Henituse household has always remained neutral, now that the war is over, we no longer needed to stand by your side." while his voice was still very weak and quite hoarse, his tone was firm.

Alberu and Tasha naturally grasp the underlying meaning behind his words.

Tasha opened her mouth and was about to speak when Alberu motioned his hand, opting for her to be silent.

He then replied shortly. "I understand."

Deruth respectfully bowed his head in return, turned on his heel, and left.

Rosalyn slowed down her pace as she saw Deruth walking out of Alberu's office.

Deruth didn't even spare her a single glance as he passed by her, but she didn't miss the bottomless anger and hatred in his eyes.

Rosalyn pursed her lips and sighed indistinctly, she then continued on her way.

For him not to resent them, wasn't possible.

Whilst back inside his office Alberu had risen from his sit and stood by the window in a trance. One could feel some sense of rue as he gazed into the dark skies.

His gaze fell and saw Choi han drenched in sweat and rain, his clothes covered in dirt.

Alberu pursed his lips as the other swung aggressively his sword with both of his hands, blowing a hard breath out through his mouth.

Alberu's gaze didn't leave him, until Choi han finally collapses, due to exhaustion, he wasn't sure.

Sliding down to the ground, his hands moved their way up, pulling at his hair. Abandoning his sword in the mud.

He quickly retracted his gaze, he never liked such overt displays of emotion, coming from himself or the others.

Tasha watched silently by the side and felt peculiar in her heart, but in the end, said nothing.

In the winter side of the North, Mercenaries were scattered everywhere.

Glenn stood in the center with his hands clasped together and remained hidden behind his back, staring at the drawn map affixed to the ceiling.

While Bud, draped in a thick coat, was sitting on the chair with arms crossed in front of him.

They were in the place where Cale has stayed.

Bud removed his glasses and blinks hard, he pushes his chair back and stands.

He then says. "A couple of things are missing, though."

Glenn turns to him with an arched brow and asks. "And what exactly is missing?"

"I have no idea."

"You have no idea?" he quoted.