Chapter 11

[ Cale shivered as the cold evening breeze passed him. The tip of his fingers was already freezing but he remained motionless as he sat on the biggest branch of one of the trees, located in the garden.

A two-story house can also be seen.

He moved his gaze towards the room in front of him with only a glass window and an old sheer curtain, that was not enough to stop him from being seen from within.

But no moon, nor stars can be seen above, the night sky was shrouded with dense clouds, and with the help of his thick black cloak, Cale was completely hidden in the dark.

The door was pushed open as two individuals went in.

Taylor's whole body was covered with dirt and small bruises can be seen around his hands and legs and beads of sweat dampened his forehead.

Cage who was pushing his wheelchair in silence started to speak. "Wait here, I'll get something to treat your wounds." ]

Their dolorous state and the gloomy atmosphere that envelop the two were very hard to ignore, but no one left a comment or raised a question about it.

But some of them keep on stealing glances at him, but Taylor's expression remains unchanged, and chose to ignore them.

As he tried to recall Cale.

But in the end, he dejectedly sighed at his futile efforts, he couldn't remember even meeting him personally.

[ "Don't bother, I'll do it in the morning." Taylor immediately declined.

Cage's eyes were filled with an unyielding stubbornness as she spoke. "It might get infected."

Taylor's face was pale and his voice was quite weak as he spoke. "I'm tired, Cage... I simply wish to rest." ]

They slowly realize the double meaning underneath his words.

Just like Cage that was in Cale's memory, there's also nothing they could offer but only a few empty consoling words.

But it's not like the Taylor in front of them could hear them, and Taylor that was together with them didn't need it as well.

Especially now, that he is already the Marquis of Stan's family.

["D-Don't lose hope just yet, tomorrow we can try–"

"Try what exactly Cage?" he snapped, cutting her off. "What else do I have to do? I have already tried everything!" and deeply emphasized the last word.

"I've gone to every healer, priest, tried every potion, herbs, medicine, been praying to every God that is out there! And even crawling in that Goddamn cave, just so I could obtain that ancient power that I stupidly believed could magically heal my legs!"

"But look what happened." He spread out both of his palms towards his legs and cried out. "Nothing Cage, nothing!"

"I can't walk, I can't move or even stand without your help, and no matter what I do I will still be the same old Taylor, who is driven out by his family from his home because of his disability."

"And will you please stop saying everything is gonna be fine when we both know it's not and never will be!" Taylor breathed heavily as he finished speaking.

For a moment, neither of them spoke.

After a long silence, he opened his mouth to speak once more. "Please Cage, just this once..."

Cage flinched as she heard his voice crack at end of his sentence.

Taylor dropped his eyes wearily and turned his head away from her, his face revealed some desolation.