Chapter 12

The sky was still dark, and the sun had yet to rise, but he knew it will be over soon.

A hint of melancholy seemed to have clouded Gashan's features, the corner of his mouth slightly hooked, revealing a shallow smile.

Now he knows why the World tree, the God of Death, and even the Elementals remained still and were adamant about not speaking with them.

It's not that they don't have any desire to help them, rather, they are protecting someone.

A boy whose hair, resembled the brilliance of the blazing crimson sun.

Someone who had not yet reached adulthood, but was forced to bear the responsibility of the lives of many, shoulder the problems the world had yet to face.

He couldn't help but wish the light to never come, because darkness wouldn't be the only one gone by then.

Gashan chuckled at his absurd thoughts, his grip tightening around his staff.

Shickler stared at the screen with no particular reactions. Leaning on the chair's armrest, he ordered. "Tell them to head back."

He didn't bother lowering his voice, not caring if the other individuals on the video communicator device heard him.

Both Witira and Paseton looked at their father as he said this, but said nothing.

The words were out of the blue, hence it took a moment for Archie to react when he fully understood what he meant; the people they secretly sent to aid in the search.

Archie gestured for the guard closest to him, to come forward and whispered something to him, the guard nodded his head and went out.

Unaware, that a similar command was carried out in various places, Some even ensued an order to hunt those who tried to locate Cale.

Duke Fredo's purple eyes showed an ominous glint in the dim room, he then suddenly smirked, as though he heard something amusing.

He turned his head sideways and casually waved his hand.

Solena acted without being told explicitly and heaved a sigh as she left the room.

As the door closed, his expression changed slightly, his pupils shrank into thin slits, and his fingers were tapping at the top of his desk in a perfect rhythm.

He supports his cheek with the back of his other hand. "Hhmmm..."

Witira stared at her father's face with a helpless smile, she then remembered a certain scene in the past.

A man, their informat stood before them, cold sweat streamed down behind his back as he reported everything in detail.

Despite the implicit agreement between the lifeforms living in the sea and the ones living on the land.

They still made sure they are informed of the happenings in the land, for several reasons. Thus, they planted someone on the land.

"I was caught off guard, I didn't get to see his face, the man was wearing a cloak and his face was covered with–" The man was aware that he was rambling, but he is more afraid to lose his head to even care.

Annoyed, Archie raised his brow and cuts him off. "If you didn't see his face, how come you know it is a man?"

"Because I'm smart enough to figure it out!" he hissed, piqued by his continuing interruption.

But catching the sight of King Shickler, piercing gaze made his face extremely unsightly, filled with both panic and frustration.

He immediately shrank his shoulders and explained. "His voice was of a man's, his shoulder was broader and leaner than a woman, that's why I guessed that it could only be a man."