十二 : universe

" only fools fall for you
only fools "
__________________

"riki nishimura?" the homeroom teacher called out.

no replies were to be heard.

for the first time in a while, he was absent.

again.

but why?

she had called him only two days ago but after that, she had not heard a single word from him. no texts, no calls, no presence.

perhaps he fell sick?

but he sounded fine on the phone.

perhaps he forgot?

riki would never be so forgetful.

suddenly, the flashback of his sudden outburst the moment he picked up her call came flooding back. could it be related to why he was in such a state?

she wanted to know if he was alright,

if anything, he seem like the type to suppress his emotions and break down on his own.

as they were finally dismissed from school, she made her way towards the local market to run her errands before heading home. due to her mindful thoughts, she was not watching where she was walking and almost ran into the traffic light pole.

as cliché as it can be, instead of making contact with the metallic pole, she landed onto something . . . safer. being firmly held onto from her left arm, it was uncalled for.

"you need to watch where you're going." a familiar voice scolded in a rather disappointing manner. but that didn't matter because it was his voice.

she realised the 'thing' her forehead landed on was actually the palm of his hand. spinning around quickly to confirm her assumption, she was right.

it really was him.

did the universe hear her thoughts?

"kimura." he spoke again to break her dazed moment.

"oh- oh yeah!" she stood straight when she realised he was no longer holding onto her arm.

"be more careful in the future." he shook his head as he took off his black cap to fix his hair.

the silky softness of his hair looked way too tempting to touch but luckily, she was strong enough to restrain herself.

"thank you riki." she almost forgot to credit her saviour.

as the crossing light signalled its time to cross, he averted his eyes to and fro hers. signalling it was her turn to go.

"hey um, are you gonna come to school tomorrow?" she asked curiously.

he stayed silent and instead of answering the question, he dodged the subject.

"go on, or you'll have to wait another minute." he slightly smiled as he turned her body around before giving her a little push.

"so are you?" she began crossing as she turned her head to the angle, hoping for him to reply.

unfortunately, he had already taken off, beginning to walk the other side.

D I N G !

riki nishimura rival 1.

< maybe, maybe not :) ]

he messaged her.

this was the first message he had ever texted her besides dryly replying.

D I N G !

another one?

< enjoy your time as temporary first place, miss second place ]

she smiled.

despite the backhand 'advice', she was glad he was feeling alright.

though he never told her the reason for his absence.

she wonders.

[ ♡ ]

i have my job interview tomorrow! hope this one works out unlike the first one :/

anywho it's currently 12:45 AM and i love you so is stuck in my head.

' i hope you feel what i felt, when you shattered my soul '

"

cause you are cool and im a fool so, please let me go. "

' i love you so . . . '

' please let me go. '

oh gosh- making me want to use this song as inspiration for another ff . . .

news flash: i have PLENTY of ideas but they are for different stories and don't correlate to current :'/

it's okay.

time can wait :)

luv, luna 🌙