十七 : story

" don't give a fuck,
not giving up,
i still want it all "
________________

no, because it was now or never.

if he chooses to stay still and watch her go, he was really going to lose her this time. she doesn't deserve to be the only one continuously trying to make an effort despite being constantly pushed away.

not when he knew better than anyone, his true feelings and thoughts.

as yui was about to exit the door alone, she unexpectedly felt a presence beside her.

he spoke, "i'll walk you home."

as if all her words went in one ear and out the other, riki was acting completely normal.

oscar award-worthy.

"see you're doing it again. caring when you-" but she was interrupted by his gesture.

his warm hand was suddenly intertwining with hers so she would not escape from his side.

he made up his mind.

"caring when i do. let me walk you home. it's dangerous for you to walk home with your fever." he alerted.

she would fight back, but she was too tired.

too tired, and a bit hopeful.

×

change of plans. yui, the typical clumsy girl had forgotten her family was not going to be home until late and she unfortunately left her keys inside.

instead of waiting for them to come home for the next 3 hours, she suggested it would be best to hang at kana's place until they were back.

but riki had other plans.

"so this is your place?" she asked him.

he was not holding onto her anymore since he knew she was not going to run away any moment.

"hm yeah." he closed the door and headed to the kitchen cabinet to search for something.

yui was amazed by how minimal yet modern his house looked. so clean yet elegant in a way.

"let's head upstairs, my room is there." he guided her as he let her walk up first.

she was always taught to not enter someone's house alone, let alone a boy but, she trusted him. she knew he would never take advantage of her because . . .

"why are you so far?" she looked behind to reveal riki standing almost 5 feet away from her.

"to give you space. don't want you to feel uncomfortable." he shrugged before handing her some pain relievers for her fever.

despite this being his house, what a gentleman he was.

"thank you. and sorry for the intrusion."

"if you're tired, you can sleep on my bed. don't worry i promise i won't do anything to you."

"i know." she mumbled. on normal days, she would NEVER consider that but because of her drowsiness, she felt as though she really was going to go lalaland soon.

laying herself comfortably on his queen-sized bed, she exhaled a deep breath. at least she was comfy now. whilst staring into his bland white ceiling, she suddenly felt something cold and moist on her forehead.