十四 : hurt

" oh our lives don't collide,
im aware of this "
_______________

"found you." she said. the cool breeze brushed against her in her direction causing her hair to fly dramatically.

"you stalking me now?" he sat up straight from his original position.

"not really. just bored." she shrugged whilst approaching him. whilst making herself comfortable beside him leaving a slight gap, she looked around.

despite being in this school for so long, she had never gotten the chance to explore rooftops. mainly because they were out of bounds.

unexpectedly, he took off his jacket casually handed it to her. it took her a hot second to realise and so, she unfolded it and placed it on her stretched out legs.

skirt problems.

at first, the silence was calm until it got heavy. she wanted to know.

"hey um," she began, looking everywhere but he was not too difficult but her heart pounded like a drum.

it was strange.

"yeah?" he responded, being the one to look at the awkward girl.

"how have you been." she asked.

how would riki answer this question?

"fine."

as expected.

"are you sure? is everything alright?" she asked one more time. from her eyes, he did not look fine.

the little things can notice if it's about him.

"kimura. im fine, it's none of your business."

about time. he drew the line. the boundary.

but just like the way she crossed the rooftop rule, she was going to cross his too. who else if not her? might as well go big or go home.

"there we go with the boundaries again." she shook her head. "do i really not look trustworthy enough? i just want to help you. if anything just listens to you since you listened to me before."

he was taken aback. normally, she would retreat but this time she continued. "this doesn't concern you. you don't need to meddle with my matters."

although his words were harsh, she wasn't going to back down.

"you're right. i don't need to. but nishimura, i want to. i want to know you. once upon a time we used to be friends but one day you just left." she pulled their history card. "you're always a mystery, it isn't fair."

"that was like 10 years ago. haven't you moved on?" he scoffed. only to make her leave. for her own sake.

"how can i when you're everywhere i go? how can i when i watched you change so much? how could i when-" her words slipped. "like you so."

"what?" he asked. her words were quite muffled but he wanted to confirm.

"i don't know. i've always viewed you as my rival but why is it every time you do something nice i just feel so . . . warm." she bit the insides of her mouth.

there was no going back now. she had dropped the bomb. and so, why not just leave it there. she knew his answer, although she hoped.

"kimura im sorry but, im not obligated to tell you my personal matters." he looked away this time.

this time it wasn't a line. it was a whole brick wall that she couldn't walk over.

this was it

their lives really don't collide.

"no I'm sorry for stepping over the line. i should've known better." she stood up. "im sorry for bothering you. ill stop from now on." whilst fixing her skirt, she handed him his jacket back before leaving with no hesitation.

but deep inside her, she was hurt. she felt humiliated, so embarrassed.

perhaps, she should've known.

oh, what a fool she was.

[ ♡ ]

yui . . .

:(

today i did my chemistry exam and goodness it was not easy. i cheated and i bet ill still get like what? 50%

it's okay because now all my exams are done and dusted!!

yipee

- luv, luna 🌙