10. Angry Wives

Conner's pov

I storm down stairs to see Mateo in the kitchen with Noah. Everyone else still a sleep on the couch. "Hey" Noah smiles when he sees me, getting Mateo's attention. 

"Want to explain this, Prince Mateo" I hold up by phone and they both go silent. Mateo looks at Noah then back at me. "Its not what it looks like" He utters, trying to defend himself. 

"Sure" I say sarcastically and roll my eyes. Mateo looks back at Noah then walks toward me. He grabs my arm and pulls me out of the room. I nearly trip when we turn around a corer sharply but his hand comes up to waist and catches me, forcing me to face him.

"Explain, please" I almost whisper. I am over the moon mad at him right now but as I look into the brown eyes of his, I can't be. He just stares down at me for a moment before letting go of my arm and waist and walking into my bedroom. 

I walk in behind him and he shuts the door, walking back over to me. "I am a prince. My mother and father are king and queen. I was going to tell you eventually. I would have told you sooner but with you I don't feel like I have a million things on my back, I feel free. Like an actual human and I just wanted to enjoy that" He utters as he sits on the bed. 

I sit down next to him. "Is this why it isn't as easy as just filing for divorce" I ask him. "Yeah, If I file for divorce than the whole world will know" His gaze falls to the floor. "I am going to tell my mother next week though, she will know what to do" He sighs. 

"I am still so pissed at you. I can't believe you. Asshole" I utter with my tone raised as I stand up and walk out the room. I hear him stand up and chase after me. "What do you mean. You seemed okay with it back there" He questions, catching up with me. 

"Well I'm not and its gonna take me some time to get over" I shrug and walk down stairs. Before I turn into the kitchen Mateo grabs my hips, pulling me back so that I am facing him. "I will do everything in my power to make it up to you, I promise" He stares into my eyes. Almost making me fall to the ground. 

"You better" I almost whisper at a lost for words. He slowly lets go of my hips and I turn to walk into the kitchen. 

Noah still sits on the same bar stool, this time on his phone. Everyone else is still a sleep. 

"Did you tell her everything" He asks Mateo behind me. "Yeah" He nods and sits down beside him. 

I stand on the other side of the counter with my hands down on the counter, holing me up. Gabbie starts to stir and not soon afterwards sits up from Jackson's lap. She rubs her eyes and yawns. 

"Morning sleepyhead" I smile. "Morning" She mumbles. I go to walk over to her but Mateo grabs my arm as I walk beside him. "Don't tell her anything. Same with Hannah" He whispers from where he is siting. I nod my head and he lets go of my arm. 

I walk over to where Gabbie is on the couch and sit down beside her. She gets talking and I give her my attention. I glance over at Mateo who is already looking at me while Noah talks to him. We hold eye contact for a moment before I look away and back at Gabbie. 

________________

I jog up the stairs and into my bedroom. I sort through my drawer, looking for a pair of socks. I hear the door creek open behind me and I look to see who it is. Mateo. 

I turn towards him and bow "Your highness" I tease with a rude tone. "Conner, I am sorry I lied to you" He utters, sounding upset. I can tell he sounds serious. 

"Well you still did and I don't know if I can forgive you" I utter. His eyebrows narrow into a sad look, making me break my own heart. Don't get me wrong, I am very mad at him but I still care about him. I think I always will. I feel like I am always being pulled towards him, like my body just wants to be near him at all times and when I am near him I feel safe, calm, and myself. 

"Supper, tomorrow night" He breaks the silence. "Okay" I utter with a confused tone. 

He walks to the door but before he leaves he turns around to me "Its a date then" He smirks and walks out, shutting the door behind him. 

A date?