26. Rainbow after the rain

Conner's pov

I walk back up the driveway after waving goodbye to Henry. The date went by really fast and it was actually really fun. Henry talked about his life and it was very interesting. He even took me out to a very fancy restaurant that I haven't tried yet. 

I walk in the front door and set my jacket on the hook in the little closet after I slip off my heels since they were killing my feet all night long. 

I stroll in the living to see everyone gathered around the couch. "Good your here, Jackson and I have some news" Gabbie rushes over to me and leads me to the couch. Mateo its at one end of the couch so I sit down on the other, away from him. 

"I thought you two were at a hotel tonight" I question. "We were but something happened and we couldn't wait to tell you guys so we rushed back" Gabbie squeals, holding onto Jackson's arm. Both of them look very excited. 

"just tell us the news already" Noah groans from beside Mateo. Gabbie looks at Jackson then back at all of us before squealing "We're pregnant". 

My mouth falls open and I jump up from the couch, pulling her into my arms for a hug. Hannah join in the hug while Noah and Mateo congratulate Jackson. 

"I am so happy for you" I smile as I pull away from the hug. "I am too, I know I am only 18 and he's only 19 but we are gonna make this work" She puts her hands on her belly that doesn't have a bump yet. 

"I'm gonna be an aunt" I yell excitedly. "Me too" Hannah squeals. We all laugh and I give Jackson a hug and congratulate him. 

"This baby might not have been planned but he or she is going to be so damned loved either  way" Jackson smiles as she wraps his arm over Gabbie's shoulder, pulling her into him and kissing the side of her head as he hand comes up and rests on her stomach. 

I make eye contact with Mateo through everyone and we hold it for a second. 

"Well congratulations guys but it's late so I am going to go to bed and get some sleep" I utter as I give Gabbie another quick hug and leave the room. 

I close my bed room door behind me halfway since it gets to hot in my room if I close it all the way and I sit down on the side of my bed by my pillows. The door creaks open and Mateo walks around the corner slowly. 

"Can I talk to you" He mutters, almost afraid of talking to me. "No, I don't want to hear what ever lame excuse you have for cheating on me" I snap back. 

"If you would just let me explain" He utters, almost begging. "I said no Mateo" I stand up and walk towards him so we are only a foot apart. "You cheated on me, you tore out my heart and threw it on the floor before stomping all over it" I point my finger at his chest and poke him over and over again, he just stands there and takes it. 

"I let you into my life, even after promising myself I would't get with another guy and look at how that ended" I start punching his chest and yet again, he just stands there and takes it. 

"I have moved on from you Mateo, I don't want you anymore" I can no longer control the words that come out of my mouth.

"I didn't cheat on you Conner" He utters, looking down at me. "Yes you fucking did you Liar, your an ass hole and a big piece of shit Mateo" As soon as I hear those words come out of my mouth, I regret them so much.

"Well you know what, I have moved on too. I just wanted to come up here and tell you that" He grabs my wrists and holds them away from his chest. He lets go of them roughly and walks back towards the door. 

"Mateo" I say quietly but loud enough that he will hear me. He stops walking, but doesn't turn around.

What I say next I don't think about, it just comes out of my mouth without me even acknowledging it "I want a divorce". I have never regretted anything more in my life than I do right now. 

I don't even have to see his face to know that I just hurt more than I ever have by the way his head falls down to chest. "Ill send you the papers if that's what you really want" He sniffles at the end before walking out the door. 

Hearing him cry is like some one just stabbed my hears with a knife. It hurts. 

Mateo's pov 

My eyes focus on the dark road in front of me as I drive back to the castle. 

I lied to Conner tonight, I told her that I have moved on but I haven't, no wheres close to that. I don't know why I said I did, I regretted saying it as soon as I did. I tried my best to hide it but her words cut deeper than she thinks, she called me a ass hole and a piece of shit. I know those words are nearly as bad as other words in the world but Conner is so nice that when ever a word like that comes out of her mouth at you, it hurts. Hearing those words come out of her mouth about me hurt so god damn much, I just couldn't handle it anymore and I told her I moved on. 

She clearly has though. I get why, in her mind I cheated on her but it still hurt like a song of a gun. 

She even said that she wants to signs the fucking divorce papers. 

Seeing her with that new guy tore me to shreds. She looks happy with, she even curled her hair and I know how much she hates curling her hair. 

If she has moved on, I better do the same thing. 

Boy or girl for Gabbie and Jackson's little baby? ALSO, don't go on your phone when you are driving it is very dangerous, just a reminder. 

I feel like I say also a lot lol

Conner called Mateo an ass hole and a piece of shit, I know those are the lamest words to use but I don't think Conner would use others words.