29. Divorce and going public

Conner's pov

Me, Mateo, Gabbie, Hannah, Jackson, Noah, and Mateo's parents all sit around a big table. Did I mention there's also a lawyer sitting here. 

Mateo and I have decided its best to get a divorce. We are to damn young to get married so we are gonna get a divorce and stay girlfriend and boyfriend. 

If we happen to get married in the future then it will be at the right time. But now is not it. 

"You will need to sign those papers then it is final" He say, handing us a piece of paper. I glance over to Mateo who is already looking at me. He lightly nods like he can read my mind and all the second thoughts running through it. 

He knows me to well. 

He grabs the pen and signs one of the blanks spaces, then hands me the pen. I take a deep breath then sign the paper. In this moment I know I am not making the wrong decision, I'm making the right decision for the both of us. And we both agreed it would be best. 

"There, now I am a private lawyer so no one will now about this but me" He smiles as he gathers the papers back and puts them in a brief case. 

Everyone stands up and wonders off. Mateo grabs my hand and leads me upstairs to his room. 

He flops down on his bed and lay down beside him. "You know I love you right" he says as he pulls my body closer to his. "Yeah, I think" I tease. 

He kisses me over and over again "Well I do. Like a lot. A whole lot" He says in between kisses. I laugh more every time he kisses me. 

He finally stops and lays down beside me. I snuggle up to his chest and we just lay there. "What's gonna happen when some one finds out about us then tells the entire world" he asks. 

"Then me and you will fight back all the haters that might come and we will do it together" I shrug and smile, looking up and him. 

"Sounds like a plan" He nods. He reaches over and grabs his phone. He scrolls on his for a minutes before putting it in front of me, showing me a picture. 

Its the photo we took a while ago on one of our dates. Its also personally one of my favourite. 

Photo at top

"I remember that" I smile. "Good, because I am going to post it to the world on twitter" He says and my jaw drops open. 

I look up at him and he smiles. "Really" I ask. He nods. 

"You said it yourself, if any haters try to come for us we will defend them of together. I want the entire world to know your mine. Is that okay with you? we can keep things private if you want" He shrugs. 

Normally with things like these I would have to think about them, but this time I don't. I love Mateo and I also want the world to know that. Our love shouldn't be hidden. 

I nod and his smile grows wider, so does mine. "Ready" He asks and I nod again. 

We remain eye contact as he presses the post button. I don't feel scared, or I don't even have any second thoughts.

I know that Mateo and I will fight back any haters that may come, together.  

Short chapter :/