11. Please forgive me

Conner's pov

I slip into my blue dress that isn't tight to my skin but also isn't flowy. Its perfect really. I let my blonde hair down since I don't feel like putting it up and I don't bother putting on any makeup. I personally don't like wearing makeup. It doesn't suit me. I slide on my heels than make my way down stairs. 

I see Mateo talking to Jackson in the kitchen so I decide to go ask if he's ready. I stroll in and Mateo turns around to face me. 

His eyes scan me up and down. I don't know why, he has seen me wear dresses before. 

"You ready to go" I ask him. "Yup" He mumbles, still checking me out. 

We walk out to the car and get in. 

We shortly arrive to a fabulous restaurant. It looks very expensive. Mateo jumps out of the car and runs over to my side before I get to get out by myself. He opens my door and I get out. We walk inside together and the waiter brings us to a table in the corner. 

I look up and down at the menu. Everything looks so good...before I look down at the prices.  I open my eyes in shock and my jaw lightly drops open. 

"What" Mateo questions in question from my sudden wide eyes. "Everything is so expensive. I don't want you paying for this stuff, especially since I am mad at you" I mumble the last part. 

"I am the prince you know. I have more money than I know what to do with. Plus, I don't mind spending my money on very attractive girls" He whispers before his lips curve into a smirk. I feel my cheeks heat up a bit. 

It's hard to be mad at him. Every time he looks at me with those brown eyes of his I just feel like melting on the spot. He is also a really nice guy. 

The waiter comes back and takes out his notepad and a pen. "Drinks?" He asks. "Ill take a water and she will have a 7 up" Mateo speaks before I can say anything. 

"How did you know that's what I wanted" I question him when the waiter walks away. "Because I see you drinking them all the time around the house" He shrugs. 

"You notice that" I mutter. "I notice everything you do" A small smile appears on his face. "I don't believe you. Your a prince, why do you care what I do" I set my elbows on the table and rest my head on my hands. 

"I notice that when your nervous you play with the hair tie around your wrist. You look down at the ground when you don't know what to say. Your middle name is Jane and you say your mom calls you Conner Jane when she's mad at you. Your birthday is May 14. Your favourite colour is Yellow because it reminds you of happiness. Your favourite season is Summer. You love oranges because you get to smile with the peel in your mouth. Your favourite subject in school was math because you loved answering a question right. You keep your head down when your mad. Should I go on?" He rambles, leaving me in shock. 

How does he know all this stuff. I get that I ramble sometimes but I never thought he was paying attention. 

"Its only been 3 weeks since we met, how do you know all that stuff" I say in shock. "Because I pay attention to you. You stand out to me and that's what I like about you. Your different than everyone else. Your you"  He shrugs with one shoulder. 

The waiter comes back with our drinks and sets them down in front of us before grabbing his notepad and pen again. "Food?" He asks. I don't think he likes his job. He seems very bored and tired of doing this. 

"Ill get the steak and τροφή " Mateo says with his Greek accent coming through. I watch the waiter as he writes down the order than turns to me. "Ill just get the chicken salad" I give him a polite smile then hand him our menus before he walks away again. 

"I keep forgetting you speak Greek" I mutter. Mateo's accent always come through and in some words he says its very strong but other times I forget he speaks it. 

"Με μεγαλώνεις πραγματικά" This is the first time I have heard him actually speak Greek and its so hot. I nearly grow wings and fly to heaven. I don't even know what he said but I feel my cheeks turn red. 

It is hot in here or is it just me? 

"What did you say" I ask him, my cheeks still red. "Nothing" He mumbles with a cheesy smile, revealing his adorable dimples. He leans back in his seat and reposition his legs making one of his feet rub up against my leg. God he's got some long legs. 

The waiter comes back with our food and sets it down. It looks amazing, but also very expensive. I could never afford this. 

The waiter leaves again and we start eating. 

It doesn't take us long to finish eating. The waiter comes back, still in a bad mood, and takes our plates. 

For the first time in the last couple of days I'm not mad at Mateo. We talked, a lot, and he told me everything I need to know. He also promised he would never lie to me again. 

I still have a little bit of anger left but the more I talk to him the more it goes away. Funny how things work. 

Sorry I didn't post for the last 2 days, I didn't have any power so I wasn't able to so here is four chapters to make up for it. In the next chapter you will get to find out what Mateo said to Conner.