Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE

6 months earlier...

I arrive at a small airport in Australia thanking god that I'm finally here. Spending 16 hours on a cramped plane with some creepy old guy staring at your cleavage is not a pleasant experience. I leave the plane as soon as I can. I easily get through airport security and go to get my gorgeous pink suitcase from baggage claim. I rush towards the exit of the airport craving fresh air.

My dad didn’t really like the idea of me moving half way across the world but he understood my need to do this. So I used the inheritance money I got when my granddad past away to buy a ticket to half way across the world.

When I arrive outside I immediately notice a stunning woman with bright purple hair and a sleeve tattoo. Sleeve tattoos generally make women look very masculine but it only adds to her appeal. She turns around to face me and smiles wildly. She runs over to me and scoops me into a huge hug like we have known each other for years.

"starla?" I question as she lets go.

"Yes, hello! It’s great to finely meet you in person. Although I feel like we have known each other for years" she replies excitedly.

Starla and I met over the Internet a few months ago. I was looking for a place to live and she just happened to be looking for a roommate. So we started emailing and hit it off almost immediately.

"Me too. Thank you for meeting me at the airport"

"It’s no problem sweetie, and by the way I love your English accent"

I just smile and bite my lip ring. We head towards starla's shiny black Audi.

Once we are in the car and heading towards our home we start talking like too old school friends. I learn that starla is 18. She is in a rock/metal band called warriors of insanity and she works in a tattoo studio which belongs to kellan; who is also the lead singer of her band. I also find out that she pole dances which is something we have in common (even if I have been only doing it for two months). I tell her that I am 16, that I am trained in 7 different marcal arts and competed in cage fighting back in England.

After a 30 minute drive, we at last arrive at our beautiful apartment building. It is about 30 stories high and has an underground car park. Once starla had parked, I hastily grab my suitcase and walk towards the elevator with starla not far behind.

 As soon as we enter our huge apartment, I drop my suit case and bring my shaky hands towards my mouth. The apartment is beautiful and the view is stunning. The living room and the kitchen are conjoined. The extremely modern kitchen is white with black appliances. The living room is also white but has all purple furniture. There are floor to ceiling windows on an entire side of the apartment with sliding doors that lead out onto the balcony. There is also a hallway to my left which I assume leads to the bedrooms and the bathroom.

"Your room is first on the right and the bathroom is next door" starla calls out, heading toward the kitchen.

I go straight for the balcony. The view truly is incredible. I stand here with the gentle wind running through my hair and the lushus heat on my skin.

It has been a while since I have felt so free. My mum past away a few years ago. I have always felt obligated to stay with my dad and younger brother Charlie and then there was Drake. But being here on my own, living my own life I finally don’t feel restricted. I quickly send my dad a text letting him know that I have arrived safe and should.

I stay out on the balcony for a couple more minutes and then head inside. Starla is in the kitchen. Phone in hand, looking through takeaway menus.

"Heya kienna, I’m ordering pizza for dinner. Do you want to share a margarita? Because I can never eat a whole one"

"That’s fine. I will give you some money for it" I say as I pick up my suitcase and head to my room.

"Don’t worry about it hun, my treat. and by the way we are heading to club millennia tonight at 8:00pm to meet up with the guys and to celebrate you moving in." she yells as I set my suitcase on the bed.

"That’s sounds great star, but I’m only 16" I reply pulling out my toiletries.

"Kellan owns the club so don’t worry about it" she replies happily as I go towards the bathroom.

"Okay then. I’m going to have a shower"

"Okay sweetie I will call you when the pizza gets here. By the way I am doing your hair, make-up and choosing your outfit for tonight" she says as I close the door to the bathroom.