Chapter Fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

A few months later...

Things between me and Kellan have been going good since that day in the kitchen even though Kellan has been treating me like glass which isn't exactly a bad thing. It is a nice change from my previous relationship. I have also been taking classes at the local college and I am now the assistant pole dancing instructor at the local gym.

Today Kellan and I will be attending the funeral and reading of the will of his Grandfather who passed away last week. Kellan seems to be taking it alright but I think he might be putting on a facade because I know before Kellan got with me he had a rather good relationship with his grandfather. I am a little anxious to see his grandmother again and I know Kellan s too. We have not had any contact with her since that day all those months ago and I can't say I have minded one it. I do feel a little sorry for her now though, she I alone in the world now. I don't know what I would do without Kellan so my heart does go out to her.

I sigh and get out of bed. I all of a sudden feel really nauseous and have to run to the bathroom. I make it to the toilet and loose the contents of my stomach into it. Kellan hears and runs into the bathroom and kneels on the floor beside me. He quickly grabs my hair and holds it out of the way until I have nothing left. He takes the hairband from the bathroom counter and ties my hair. He then closes the lid on the toilet, flushes it and then helps me sit onto it. He then hands he a cup of water and a toothbrush. I quickly clean my teeth and mouth and then put my head in my hands. Kellan kneels on the floor in front of me moves my hands from my face.

"You okay?" He asks me sweetly.

"Yeah I feel better now, yeah. I think I just got out of bed a little too fast. I have been feeling a little off for a while." I reply.

"A while? Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because you have been so busy and you have had a lot on your plate recently. I didn't want to stress you out anymore just because I have been feeling a little under the weather."

"Babe, you come first over everything okay? I don't care if you have a cold or you have fucking period pains it is my job to make sure you are okay. Okay?"

I just nod and smile because inside I am panicking. He seems okay with this and gets up and walks from the room. You get a shower and I will go and make you a cup of tea. "Thank you" I reply. As soon as he is out of the room I run to the bedside table where my phone is and check my calendar. I haven't had a period in 3 months.

It must be down to stress. Kellan told me a few weeks ago that he had an illness when he was younger that means he is unable to have children. He didn't go into much detail as I think the situation really upsets him. I can't be pregnant. This thought upsets me a little but I love him and everyone comes with sacrifices and there are always donors or adoption when the time comes.

I get into the shower and wash my body and realize my boobs are really rather sensitive too and they have been for a while. Is my body playing tricks on me? I would give anything to carry Kellan's children in the future. Is it possible the doctors got it wrong? I quickly stop my line of thought as there is no point in giving myself false hope. I finish my shower, towel dry my hair, chuck my dressing gown on and head down stairs.

Kellan is stood at the counter just in a pair of boxers putting some veggie-might on toast for me. The sight makes me smile. I walk up behind him and put my hands around his waist. I kiss his back right between the shoulder blades. "Thank you" I say to him. He places one hand on mine that are around his waist and finishes doing my toast with the other.