Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

Kellan’s POV

I wake with thoughts of Kienna but quickly put them to the back of my mind. I check my alarm clock and it reads 09:45.

“Shit” I shout.

The guys will be here for band practise in 15 minutes. I jump in the shower and wash my hair and the rest of me. I chuck on a pair of jeans and head down stairs for some coffee. Once I have my coffee I head down to the studio. I can hear Beasts loud voice so everybody is obviously already here. I walk in, go straight to my guitar and then I head into the recording booth. Ignoring everybody. The guys quickly take my lead and pick up their instruments. 

“I will just stay here then” I recognise the voice and quickly look up. Standing there in her pyjamas, is Kienna.  I give her a small sad smile and then go to the microphone. We do our normal set which lasts about an hour and then we try out a few new songs which sound really great but could do with a bit of tweaking.

 It has been really hard since our old lead singer, Blade left but we are coping. I had to take over singing as well as playing my guitar but I really enjoy it so I am not that fussed. We have been looking for another member but not one of us can agree on one person.

After two and a half hours in the studio all of us are tired and hungry. We all go and sit in the living room to relax. Star and Kienna sit on the sofa and start chatting like they haven’t seen each other in years while Scar and Beast are sitting at their feet playing the Xbox and I sit on my own in a chair on the opposite side of the room. I look to kienna and think about what an amazing time we had last night but that wasn’t part of the plan. If anyone found out about my growing feelings for her, I could be in deep shit.

It is at this point that the door opens and slams shut. I can hear the clicking of heels getting closer and I then her call out in her annoying voice “Kellan?” I swear under my breath.

Why did she have to come today?

She makes her way into the living room and sees me siting in the chair. She sits on my lap and slaps her lips against mine. I don’t kiss her back.

“Hey baby.” She says to me in a “seductive” voice. To me she sounds like a pig squealing.

I sigh and reply “Hi Abby.” 

Kienna stands up suddenly and asks in a rather loud voice “Who is hungry?”  She claps her hands and then says “I am going to make some sandwiches” and swiftly walks out of the room.

“I’ll help.” My mouth says before my mind can even process what I have just agreed to. I remove Abby from my lap and walk after Kienna.

Once I get to the kitchen Kienna is already there with a loaf of bread and a tub of butter in her hands.

“What do you want me to do?” I ask.

“Butter the bread” She says in a sharp clipped tone and shoves the things from her hands into mine. She does all this without making eye contact.

I sigh “Kienna …”

“Don’t say a fucking word!” She says in a quiet but lethal voice.

“We have to talk about this.” Cricky! I sound like a bloody girl.

She quickly turns around and looks directly into my eyes. “Talk about what, Kel? The fact that you have a girlfriend or the fact that you have cheated on her? I will tell you what; I won’t say a word as long as you stay a-fucking-way from me.”

I did not see her fist until it was connecting with my face. “Fuck” I shout and grab the counter before I hit the ground. She storms out of the room and out of the front door before I can do a thing. I think Star goes after her but I am too worked up about the throbbing in my face to be sure.

Abby runs in to the room and takes a look at my face. “That chick is fucking mental” she screams. Scar and Beast come waltzing into the room a couple seconds later. They both start laughing at me.

“I absolutely am going to marry that girl!” Beast shouts hitching with laughter. “I can’t believe she managed to land a punch of you!”

“Thank you for the sympathy guys.” I sat to them in a flat voice.

“Sympathy? Ha! You probably deserved it!” Scar said. He was still laughing too.

Abby starts to yell at the guys but I am too occupied in my thoughts to process what she is saying.

Beast was right. I did deserve it.