Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN 

This is so not as funny as I thought it would be!

I can't believe Kellan is on that stage staring directly at me. I have the sudden urge to run but Star grabs my arm so I am unable to go anywhere. 

"This song is for a very special someone who has turned my life upside-down in the very short time I have known her. Kienna, this is for you!" Kellan says and points straight at me. I cover my face with my hands and turn bright red. Then he starts singing...

Sucked into another black hole

Drag me further down the road

I can't keep from feeling

Time drags me down the line

Gets me closer every time

Cause it's you I'm missing

You're my angel without wings

Don't need them we're high enough

You're flying above me

Ill keep looking up

You are my angel, my angel

Ill keep looking up

Lying hand in hand

We're face to face to skin

I cant keep from feeling

Theres no place id rather be

Than you tucked away with me

All in this moment

You're my angel without wings

Don't need them we're high enough

Youre flying above me

Ill keep looking up

You are my angel, my angel

Ill keep looking up

Ill keep looking up

Falling back down

From the sun to the ground

Well I cant turn back now

Ill keep looking up

You're my angel without wings

Don't need them we're high enough

Youre flying above me

Ill keep looking up

You are my angel

You are my angel

You are my angel, my angel

Ill keep looking up

I have tears in my eyes as he finishes singing  the beautiful lyrics written by "Saving Abel" . Kellan puts the Microphone down, jumps of the stage and starts walking towards me.

He looks me straight in the eye and says "I am so sorry for everything.You have affected me so much in the days that I have known you. I apologize for not telling you about Abby and I know that will be difficult to forgive. I really don't want to lose you." His face if full of shyness and vulnerability which is a very strange emotion to see on such a strong, tough looking man. 

I can tell that he is being truthful so I take a big breath and say "I accept your apology but I am not going to be the other woman. That would not be fair on me. So, friends?" Kellan looks reluctant but he agrees to my friendship terms. He then grabs my hand and pulls me onto the dance floor.

"Kel, what are you doing?" I ask.

"Dancing. Friends dance right?" He replies with a huge smirk on his face. I can tell he is mocking me. I just sigh and a small smile comes on my fave as we sway to the music. 

How I am going to stay just friends with this wonderful man is beyond me!

 ***

KELLAN

Staying friends with Kienna is going to be one of the most challenging things I have ever had to do and I have had my fair share of sticky situations. 

I pull Kienna closer to me on the dance floor and put my face against her neck to breathe her in. I have no clue what she is doing to me but what ever it is, I like it. Kienna and I dance a little longer and then we go to sit down at a booth as kienna said that her feet hurt. From the height of her shoes I don't blame her.I take her feet into my lap, remove her shoes and rub her feet. She moans so I continue rubbing.

"Oh my! That feels amazing." She says. I just smile at her.

After 10 minutes of feet rubbing I notice that Kienna has fallen asleep. I grin at her and pick her up and take her to my Truck. I place her carefully along my backseat put on her seat belt and then go and sit in the drivers seat. I send a quick text to Star saying that I am taking Kienna home and then I start driving the way to their apartment. 

When I arrive I take Kienna out of the Truck and in the lift up to the apartment. I take the keys out of Kiennas bag and then open the apartment door. I carry her to her room and place her on her bed. I take her shoes off and debate taking the rest of her clothes off but to make her more comfortable but I don't because it might make her feel awkward. 

I go and sit in the living room and put on the telly and wait for Star to come home as I don't want to leave Kienna on her own. 

After about 20 minutes of channel surfing I hear a scream come from Kienna's room so I quickly jump up and sprint in to her room. I survey my surroundings to make sure no one has broken in and then go to kienna to see what is wrong. I notice that she is having a bad dream.

I sit on the edge of her bed and shake her slightly while saying "Kienna, Kienna baby? Wake up. You are having a bad dream."She opens her eyes and blinks multiple times before focusing on me. She wraps her arms around me, clearly scared and I whisper "It's okay. Everything is fine. Go back to sleep."

She drifts of to sleep so I go to get up until Kienna's hand grabs mine. "Stay please." She says in a quiet voice.

"Okay" I reply and kick off my shoes and get into bed with her. She cuddles up to me and falls into a deep sleep. I follow not long after. 

Author's note: The photo on the side is Kellan! Isn't he Hot!! Hehe! Beth x