Chapter Eleven

Sorry for not updating sooner. I have had a few things going on recently but everything is alright now so I should be able to update more frequently! Beth X

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Holy shit! Someone is in bed with me! Was my first thought as I woke. I screamed and ran from the bed only to find that it was Kellan. I have yet to decide whether this is a good thing or not.

Kellan quickly jumps from the bed and looks around the room to see what possibly could have caused my screaming but comes up empty. He turns to me and raises an eyebrow in questions.

"Spider?" I reply but it comes out as more of a question. He just stares at me for what feels like minutes. He then shakes his head, sits on the bed and places his head in his hands. I do not move from my place but ask him if he is okay.

"No I'm not fucking okay!" He says in an angry tone. I immediately head for the door in fear but he jumps off the bed to stand in the way. I try to put as much distance between us but he grasps my hand before I can move. "I promised I would never hurt you. I never break my promises. You don't have to be scared of me. " he says in a soft tone and uses his free hand to lift my chin up so I can see his eyes. "Okay?" He asks. I simply nod. He slowly moves his hand from my chin to the back of my neck and smiles sweetly at me. He then slowly presses his lips to mine.

This kiss is unlike any other that we have shared. It is slow, sweet and makes me feel like he is trying to tell me something although I have yet to figure out what that is. 

He pulls away and stares into my eyes intensely.

"What are we doing, Kel?" I ask as my eyes start to glisten with tears. "This can't happen." 

"Right now, I don't give a shit" He exclaims and leans in for another kiss but I step back,

"Well I do! You have a Girlfriend! What happened to being friends! Friends don't kiss friends on the lips!" I say in frustration with tears falling down my cheeks.

"I am sorry. I know this isn't fair on you but I can't seem to stop myself. There is something about you which makes me want to be with you every fucking second of every fucking day and I don't know what to do about it. I am just so tired with it all." He says with hope seeping from his words. He sits on th bed and places his head in his hands. I go and sit next to him.

"Before you told me your relationship with Abby is complicated. What do you mean by that?" I ask quietly.

He sighs and starts to explain. "I had an awful life growing up. My Ma was a whore and never gave two shits about me. When I was ten my mother dropped me off at my Auntie and Uncles and never came back. I lived there until I was 14 as they managed to track down my dad who then took custody of me. I joined the Army as soon as I turned 16 and then left when I was 20. A week after I got home I was contacted my Mothers parents. I had never met them before as they disowned my mother a long time ago. They said that as their oldest male grandchild, I was heir to all of there businesses and that they wished for me to take over." He stopped talking for a minute and just looked down at his hands.

"I am sorry that you has a shitty upbringing but what has any of this got to do with Abby?" I ask.

"I'm getting there. My Grandfather has been trying to merge companies with Abby's fathers for years now and he figured the most logical way to do that was for me and Abby to get married. At the time I was fully against falling in love so I figured what would be the harm? She could never hurt me because I have no feelings for her."

"Wait a minute! you are engaged to her?!" I interrupted.

"Not yet. I have not proposed but that is the unspoken agreement. You have to understand that I did not ever want to fall in love. The only woman that I ever loved, left me. Why would I willingly put myself in that position again? But then I met you. With your love for life and your hope for love even though you have been hurt before. I have never felt the way do when I am with you before. Not for Abby. Not for Anyone. The thing is, apart from my dad I have no family other than my Mother's parents and if I end things with Abby, I will lose everything."

"I think I kind of understand where you are coming from but I am still not going to be the other woman." I reply sadly.

"I would never ask that of you but the way I feel about you is the real shit, babe. I know I am not going to find it anywhere else. So if you would wait for me until I can tell my grandparents that I am going to break it of with Abby, you would make me the happiest son-of-a-bitch alive! what do you say Kienna? Wait for me?" 

I already know my answer...