An Unusual Morning ||20||

"Hey Shin-ah, let's be friends."

Shin-ah doesn't respond right away. Honestly, it was hard to tell how he was feeling, you couldn't really guess based off of his expression because the mask hides his eyes.

Afraid that you might've made him uncomfortable, you felt the need to take back what you said. "You know if you want!" You felt your face get warm as you waved your hands around to express yourself.

"I-It's not like you have to be friends with me or anything, I just wanted-"

"I..." Shin-ah mutters quietly causing you to stop, he slowly looks down at the ground. For a few moments, he doesn't say anything. You stared closely at him, the wind slowly brushed your face.

He then turns and picks up his head, "I..."

"I...want to be friends."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The night came close to an end and everyone came back to camp site. All of us huddled together and got into our sleeping bags to end the night. You drank your tea a few minutes before, so you can sleep around the same time that everyone else did.

As the night went on, there was still one person
awake. His bottled up emotions of excitement were keeping him up.

Shin-ah turns to his tiny squirrel, Ao, he pets him  before telling him how his day went.

"Hey Ao, guess what happened?" He whispers quietly. Making sure not to wake anyone. "Yona gave me a name....she put so much thought to it." Ao begins to cuddle Shin-ah's hand. Shin-ah smiles.

"And then," he continues, "(Y/n) asked to be friends with me. When she said it, I thought my heart was going to explode."

I'll treasure this day...forever.

~

~

You woke up the next morning with the sun directly hitting your face. You frowned and shielded your face with your arms. Despite the rude awakening, you began to feel a bit more energized than normal.

Then you quickly noticed something....

You didn't have a nightmare...

You instantly sat up and tried to recall anything from your sleep. Usually, you would wake up in a cold sweat, hands fidgeting, your heart pumping out of your chest, and you would remember bits of your nightmare that terrified you.

But today you didn't... you couldn't think of anything...

You smiled at yourself, hoping that this was the next  step into moving on from the nightmare era.

Wait don't jinx it

"Oh (Y/n), you're awake." You turn your head and saw Hak standing behind you. You were about to say good morning to him, but you quickly noticed Hak had his uncovered spear in his hands.