Chapter twenty two

By Denisha <3
January 10, 2021

"It's been 1 year since you've been in your coma. I've brought Calleigh up here to see you. You already know I named her after the character in CSI. You know I love my crime shows." She said giggling before she picked up his hand to touch his 3-month-old baby.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to come see you as often. You know I wasn't able to bring Calleigh outside but I'm here." She spoke crying. She was very emotional lately but this time it was because he hasn't got a chance to see his child.

"We had Rylan taken care of. Let's just say he ain't doing no more moving." She rolled her eyes.

"She looks just like you. She had your hair and your nose. She even has your smile. Kiki was so happy to see her. She keeps calling herself an auntie and I don't how that works but whatever makes her happy." She said placing her daughter's hand in his.

Then she felt his hand move. She jumped hard as hell. "What the fuck?" She asked holding her heart with one hand and her baby with the other.

She put Calleigh her car seat before grabbing Ace's hand. She felt him move then he went still. She pressed the button for the nurse to come and she same two minutes later.

"Is there anything you need?" She asked and Teagan spoke quickly saying,

"His were moving." The nurse walked over to him and placed her hand in his and he squeezed it. Then he opened his eyes.

Teagan was now full-on balling. Tears were everywhere. Even the baby started crying but obviously not for that reason. She picked up Calleigh and rocked her until she went quiet.

"Can you hear me Mr.Hardwick?" The nurse asked and Ace responded,

"Yeah, why are you yelling?" He asked holding his ears before making eye contact with Teagan. He tried to sit up, but the nurse wouldn't let him, and his heart pressure went up.

"Ma'am can you step out of the room for a couple of minutes so I can check up on him."

Teagan went out of the room and to the waiting room and called everyone. She told them he was awake, and they all made it there with in 15 minutes. Everyone even Steve dumbass.

"Is he okay? Why can't we go see him?" Oliva asked and Rosie rolled her eyes.

"Obviously they are doing a check up on him." She said shaking her head. Teagan could feel the tension. It was most likely because of what Oliva put Ace through when he was a kid. Because she was definitely just cursing Steve out.

"Ace Hardwick?" The doctor said and we all gave her our attention.

"His vitals and everything are fine, and he can see visitors but because of COVID only 3 at a time." She spoke before walking away.

M.J, Tiko, and Luca went first. They were in there for about 15 minutes. Teagan sat there with Kiki and Momma Rosie.

"Can I see her?" Kiki asked referring to the baby. Teagan put Calleigh in her car seat and turned it towards Kiki so she could be entertained.

"Hey TT baby." She heard Kiki say making Teagan laugh at the 7-year-old.

Then she seen the three walk out. She could tell Luca and M.J were crying but she also seen Tiko holding his tears in. As he walked to the back of the waiting room and sat down. Luca came over to where Kiki was and played with the baby with her. They had became best friend over the past year.

Then Oliva and Kiki went in and was only in there for about 10 minutes. When they came out Oliva left with Steve. And Kiki sat beside M.J while Teagan, K.J, and Rosie got up to go in there.

Of course, Teagan took Calleigh with her leaving the car seat. She was a baby so hopefully she didn't really count.

When she went in, she sat down on the side of his bed while Rosie talked to him.

"Hey baby, we missed you so much. I'm so glad your awake. I didn't want to have to lose you and your father." She said giving him a big hug. She had also brought him a change of clothes.

They had their talk before him and K.J talked about something, but it was in a hushed tone. So, they knew it was about some business. Then he spoke of how it was good that Ace woke up and this, that and the third. Then Ace looked over at Teagan.

She hadn't said anything since she went in there she was still in shock.

"We'll give y'all some time alone."

"But-" K.J went to say wanting to be nosy before Rosie gave him a look.

"Yeah momma Rosie's right, I'll see you tomorrow." K.J spoke telling him how he was going to also bring his wife. Once they left it was quiet.

"Sooooo?" He spoke giving her the biggest smile.

He had changed his clothes when Oliva had left because Rosie had given her the clothes to give to him. He got up and went over to her.

"Shouldn't you be laying down." She said smiling at him as he gave her a hug. Then he took Calleigh out of her arms.

"You said her name is Calleigh?" He asked looking at his baby girl.

"Yeah, wait you heard me?"

"Of course, I heard you this whole time. I heard everything thing you said and I'm thankful that you came here everyday giving me an escape from that empty void." He said his eyes getting watery.

"Of course, I was mad that I had to miss some months but of course it was because of Calleigh." Now he was full blown crying.

"I wasn't even there for her birth." He said  holding his baby close to his chest.

"But I came in here two days after I gave birth and brought her little crib thing in here to see you." She said smiling.

"I heard you, all out of breath."

"Fuck you, I had just gave birth dude."

"So it's fuck me?" He said laughing referring to when she first told him that."

"Always."