Chapter 6: As Cool As The Sun

"Liv!" I heard someone calling out as I skipped on my way to class. I turned around to find Dan rushing to me.

Yes, I was skipping in the crowded hallway...

Turns out, when you're acting like yourself, being different from the rest, people just give way to your craziness. You just have to ignore the stares...

Besides, I was in a really good mood because of that delicious burger I ate last night...

And the ice cream after that...

Food is life!

"Danny!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks for forgiving me!" He dryly said.

Oh! He saw what I wrote over the loud art we did on his car!

"You're welcome!" I beamed up at him.

"Are we cool now? For real?" Dan asked me.

"Oh, we're cooler than that ice-cream in Paige's refrigerator!" I grinned.

"Actually, that ice-cream melted because the refrigerator stopped working." Paige interrupted as she emerged from the crowd.

How did she know when to appear?

She's a magician!

Or I'm friends with a real wizard...

The second one makes more sense...

"Now we have to get new ice-cream and a new refrigerator." She sighed.

"But we're still cool!" I told Dan. "Hey! Why didn't you call me over? I could have helped you in finishing that ice-cream!" I scolded Paige.

Paige rolled her eyes but ignored my words.

"We're as cool as the sun with you right now, Dan." Paige told Danny-boy. "You weren't even our real friend." She scoffed.

"I was! Believe me, guys! I love you two!" Dan exclaimed. "I just had to tell Ryan about Liv or else he would have-" Dan started but I cut him off.

"So you were real friends with Paige and not me?" I frowned.

"Look, the whole friendship thing was real. I just snitched a little to Ryan. That's all." Dan explained.

Sneaky sandwiches!

"So, you and Paige were clear, right?" I asked.

"Paige had nothing to do with anything!" Dan reassured me.

"Gee! Thanks!" Paige rolled her eyes. "I thought I had something to do with our friendship!" She huffed.

"You know what I meant, Paige." Dan replied.

"I know. But you still kinda betrayed us." She sighed.

"And that too just to exercise in weird gear." I added.

I mean, why do people want to go and get sweaty in the field with that weird stuff that they have to wear to fight over a weirdly shaped ball?!

See how many weirds were there in that sentence? Even I, Olivia McAlister, am not that weird!

I am actually more weird... I'm the weirdest...

But that's not the point!

"I'm sorry." Dan said.

"So, did Ryan get you kicked off the team that your secret is blown?" I asked.

Ryan didn't seem like the type to threaten someone like that. He was a kind, good guy...

But who knows...