Chapter 7: Liv's Magic

"Did you know that cotton candy is actually just sugar?" I asked Dan with tears in my eyes.

"Umm... Yeah?" Dan replied nervously as he looked at me in confusion.

He knew?!

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I cried out. Dan looked around at all those who were now staring at us with an apologetic smile.

The only person he should be apologising to is me!

He kept such a big secret from me!

"Because I thought you already knew... Everybody knows..." Dan shrugged.

"I didn't know!" I wailed, making people shoot glares at me.

People these days...

"What? You guys can talk to your friends when I am studying and I can't even talk to the traitor who didn't tell me that cotton candy is just sugar?!" I scowled at everyone who was looking at me, making them look away, shaking their heads and mumbling things to themselves.

Like I mentioned earlier, everyone knows that I am a weirdo...

Nobody bothers me because of that... Well, except for Kaylee and her fake-laughing friends.

"Liv, can we go and talk somewhere else?" Dan asked. "A library isn't the most suitable place if you're in a mood to shout." He whispered.

I looked around at all the people who were reading books or writing stuff down or doing whatever they were doing.

"Okay." I shrugged as I got up from my seat and took my bag, closing the book I was reading. The book that revealed the big secret to me...

That's why books are my best friends... They tell me everything!

"So, why are you still here?" I asked him as we left the library.

It was about half an hour past the time the school got over and only the library was open.

And me being me, I was busy completing my homework so that I can go home and just watch TV...

Does anyone else feel that their work efficiency increases by at least 200% in the library?!

"I could ask you the same thing." Dan said as he glanced at me.

"How did you know that I was in the library?" I asked him, ignoring his question.

"I know where my girlfriend is at all times." Dan smirked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Literally no one thinks that you and I are anything other than friends." I told him.

"You don't k-" Dan started but I cut him off with a glare. "Paige told me." He sighed.

"She called you?" I asked him. He nodded his head in reply. "And you came back to school to look for me?" I frowned.

"I was already here. Football practice." He told me.

Oh...

"That makes this whole thing less nicer." I told him, shrugging his arm off of my shoulders. "Had you rushed back to school for me, I would have felt more important." I sighed, shaking my head in disappointment.

"You literally say whatever comes to your mind, don't you?" Dan chuckled.

"I don't. My dad taught me about my inside-voice last year." I informed him.

Now that was an awkward lesson to learn...

Especially after I told his friend my theory of unicorns...