Chapter 8: If She Called Me a Chipmunk

"Liv, I'm so-" The poor guy couldn't even complete the apology before he had a red handprint on his cheek.

That's gonna hurt...

"How dare you come here to talk to her after what you did?" Paige roared.

Everyone was staring but no one even dared to whisper... Or to take out their phones to record the whole mess...

That's how scary she was...

"Paige, I-" Another incomplete sentence uttered by the boy who got slapped again.

At least now both his cheeks looked identically red... That makes it a bit better, right?

Who am I kidding?

Poor Danny...

"Don't you dare come anywhere near her ever again!" Paige warned him.

Should I step in?

Nah! Dan's doing awesome on his own...

"Paige, just hear me out." Dan said calmly, raising his hands up in surrender.

Can you guess what happened next?

Hint: It wasn't a slap...

He was kicked where the sun doesn't... Well, you get the point...

"Let this be your lesson, Jones. Don't ever even think about hurting my girl again!" Paige fumed before she turned to me and motioned for me to start walking.

Without a question or hesitation, mostly because I was scared to death, I didn't argue and started walking.

Jolly jelly beans...

I am scared!

"Paige, don't you think that was a bit... too much?" I asked sheepishly after a few seconds of silence.

"Are you showing him mercy?" Paige asked me with a murderous glare.

"Nope! Not at all! Not even in the slightest bit." I answered quickly.

I can't die yet!

I haven't even eaten all those chocolates my father bought for me yesterday!

"Good." Paige nodded her head.

I gulped as I kept walking by her side.

But then I saw someone who made me want to just take a one-eighty and go back home...

Someone who has made me cry thousands of times, though not in front of her because I have my dignity to uphold.

Kaylee Hart... And the squad...

"Liv, I heard what happened yesterday. Are you okay, boo?" Kaylee asked with a concerned look on her face.

Completely and utterly fake!

I didn't need to have known her since our diaper days to come to that conclusion...

"I'm fine, Kaylee." I sighed as I tried to walk past her.

I just wanna leave...

"But did Hunter really hurt you that hard?" Kaylee asked as she took my wrist, which was wrapped up in the bandage, in her hands.

"Hunter? What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Hunter Kingston... The guy who almost broke your wrist yesterday." Kaylee spoke slowly, looking closely at my face in confusion.