Chapter 15: That's The Name

"So, the rules are simple. The person who is at the mouth of the bottle has to choose truth or dare and then you know the rest." Kaylee explained as she placed a bottle in the middle and sat down next to Ryan.

We were all sitting on the floor in Kaylee's room. Kaylee was next to Ryan with Dan on her other side, Dan was next to Paige. I was sitting between Ryan and Hunter who was next to Paige.

I could feel the air of anger between the two boys who once used to be best buds.

I feel so little...

I wonder if that's how my gummy bears feel around me...

At least I am never angry at them... Or at the person sitting right next to them...

Hunter and Ryan were even glaring at each other from time-to-time before smiling down at me to cover up their rudeness.

"The person who performs the dare or tells the truth will be the one asking the question or giving the dare to the person on whom the bottle lands next." Ryan explained further.

"Simple enough." Paige smiled excitedly.

Kaylee rolled her eyes before looking away. She covered her rudeness and lack of interest by smiling when Ryan looked at her.

"Let's start!" She chimed as she spun the empty bottle.

And can you guess who the super unlucky person was who was going to go first?

Me, who else?!

Yay me!

Note the sarcasm...

"I'm gonna ask the first question." Ryan spoke up before anyone could say anything.

Why?

"Why do you get to ask the first question?" Hunter scowled.

"Because I suggested that we play the game." Ryan shrugged with a small smirk on his face as he turned to me.

"I just love my freaking luck! Why couldn't I just stay at home and stay with my gummy bears?!" I grumbled to myself.

My gummy bears must be so lonely... Or scared if my brother found them...

"Don't be scared, Liv. Just pick something. Truth or dare?" Ryan smiled kindly at me.

I pursed my lips as I glared at the bottle while thinking what to choose.

What could he ask me to do if I choose dare?

He could ask me to slap Hunter! He already hates him! And then Hunter would go back to not talking to me!

I cannot let all my efforts go down the drain!

"Truth!" I nod my head, agreeing with myself.

Yes, this is the right thing to do.

"I was looking forward to giving you a dare but this will work." Ryan sighed.

I raised an eyebrow at him as he glanced at Hunter with a smirk on his face.

What is he up to?

"Can you please just ask the question and get this over with?" Hunter huffed.

I knew that Hunter was starting to lose his temper. And everyone knew that that wouldn't end well.

I placed my hand on his, trying to make him calm down a bit. And to my surprise, my luck worked this time and I could see Hunter visibly calming down as he smiled a little at me.