Chapter 11: Uncrackable Walnuts

"Hey, Liv!" I heard Ryan's voice from behind me. I looked around before looking at him.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked.

"You're Liv, aren't you?" He replied.

Oh... Yeah...

Why am I so stupid?!

"Well, I am not talking to you." I smiled at him before slamming my locker closed with a loud bang.

I started walking away without a second glance at him but he caught me by my wrist making me want to strangle him.

Now, you might be wondering, what's wrong with this super sweet girl?

Well, this girl has been trying to talk to one of her old friends for the past two days while he ignores her like she doesn't even exist!

This was like freshman year all over!

The only difference was that Ryan was just as desperate to talk to me as I was to talk to Hunter.

Who would have thought...

"I just wanted to ask you if you want to come to the party at Kaylee's house this Friday." Ryan followed after me.

Yeah! Like the first high school party I ever attended wasn't bad enough...

"I think I'll pass." I grunted. "Hard pass." I grumbled under my breath.

I just need to focus on trying to get Hunter to stop ignoring me...

"It might be fun, you know. We can hang out... You, me and Kaylee... Just like old times." Ryan remarked.

I immediately stopped walking before turning to face him with a blank expression.

"The old times included Hunter too." I reminded him. "Are you inviting him too?" I questioned.

I crossed my arms as I waited for him to reply. He sighed loudly before smiling at me. He placed a hand on my shoulder and leaned a little closer.

Okay... This is awkward...

"Liv, you really should stay away from him. He's not a good person." Ryan told me.

Oh my goodness!

That's really rich coming from the guy who asked my best friend to spy on me!

Stupid idiot!

He really should know that he's in no place to talk...

I can't believe that I was going to ask this dumb head out just a few days ago!

Silly me!

"Ryan, you should really stay away from me. You're not a good person." I replied in the same tone with a fake-smile on my face.

I shrugged his hand off, turning around. But before I could walk away, I saw Hunter standing nearby and made eye-contact with him.

Should I go and try to talk to him again?

I am really tired of getting ignored by him. I mean, I thought that annoying him would get him to talk but let me tell you, he's a hard nut to crack...

Even harder than those uncrackable walnuts...

And besides, I don't like walnuts...

Liv, you're going off topic now...

Oh yeah!

I have been running after him for two days. I tried to approach him during the lunch break but he started hiding from me. I tried approaching him between classes, but he just pretended that I wasn't there.