Chapter 26

*Jim's POV*

Michael and I walked out of Y/n's room together to go get her something to drink. Dwight had the snack situation covered, but forget drinks.

"He really is so beautiful." Angela gushed as I closed the door behind me. Everyone apart from Michael, Dwight and Angela went home already. It's been 4 hours since Y/n gave birth and I still can't believe I'm a dad....It makes my heart leap just thinking about it.

"Hey, uh, where's our bags?" I asked as I stuffed my hands into my pocket.

"Your what?" Michael laughed.

"Our...bags, Michael. I gave them to you when Y/n went into labor. They have all of our hospital trip stuff in there." I calmly replied to him but inside I was a mess. There wasn't just our hospital trip stuff in there. 

"Oh! Those! I...Hmm, where did I last have it." Michael asked himself as he looked down and furrowed his brows. Panic set in and I removed my hands from my pockets and rubbed one down my closed mouth as I watched him.

"Had it on the drive over here. Had it when the security guard refused to let us past....but did I have it when I saw her giving birth?" He asked himself. I ran both hands through my hair and sighed as I watched him.

"That was a crazy sight, man." Michael laughed as he looked up at me.

"Michael! Where are the bags!" I snapped. I inhaled and ran my hands down my face as I shook my head, not meaning to sound so mean. I couldn't help it though, expensive things were in one of these bags.

"I must have put them down at the gift shop when I was buying all those balloons." He shrugged. I nodded and marched past him and down the hall. He quickly followed and we walked in silence as we turned the corner. 

We entered the shop and I looked over at Michael as he wandered off towards more balloons. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the counter and smiled at the man who was running the shop.

"Hi, uh, my friend here had my hospital go bags when he came in here to buy balloons, did you happen to see them?" I asked him.

"Uh...no." The man said as he tightened his lips flat and shook his head.

"Oh my god." I sighed as I closed my eyes.

"Hey, how much is this giant baby balloon?" Michael called out to the gift shop employee.

"Uh, 20 bucks." The man replied.

"Jesus, 20 dollars for a balloon?" Michael asked as him. I opened my eyes and clenched my jaw as I turned around to look at my boss.

"But anything for my little nugget." He shrugged as he grabbed the balloon. He happily walked over to the counter and handed the employee 20 dollars.

"Michael, I really need you to focus, okay. Was there anyone else in here with you? Or maybe you brought the bags with you and set them down in the lobby." I said as I ran my hands through my hair again.

"Nope, I had my hands full with balloons and stuffed animals." Michael laughed as he waved the balloon around.

"This is serious, Michael." I said, holding back my anger.

"Jim, they're just bags of clothes. You guys can buy more." He chuckled as he shook his head.

"There was a 10 thousand dollar engagement ring in one of those bags!" I snapped. I let out a long exhale as I ran my hands down my face and leaned forward, running my hands down my thigh to my knees and back to calm myself down.

"What?" Michael softly asked. I stood back up and nodded as I stared down at his surprised face.

"I wanted to propose to Y/n today. I had a special onesie made that asks the question, I was gonna put it on Phillip and slide the ring on one of his fingers before he was brought in for feeding." I admitted as I crossed my arms.